Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ronaldo hit with laser during game

you can't tell from the pics if it was a photonic disruptor or not, any green laser with crap divergence would make a large spot like that from a distance

still it's a shame and the laws are probably being pushed for banning them already

Razako

MarioMaster said:
you can't tell from the pics if it was a photonic disruptor or not, any green laser with crap divergence would make a large spot like that from a distance

still it's a shame and the laws are probably being pushed for banning them already
Banning them is a lazy and ineffective solution. Idiots will always find a way to cause trouble and endanger others. Also how are they going to stop DIY lasers? The cheaper blu-rays and red diodes become the easier it will be to obtain them. Banning lasers=fail if anyone with a bit of electronics knowledge can tear a dvd burner apart and make a 100mw pointer from it. FYI the guy who posted about stopping a train with a laser did it with a DIY red.

The only problem=brainless bleeding heart lawmakers who want to be a hero by banning an item that can possibly be harmful to the community if misused.

Razako

toked323 said:
then the only way to get one would be to smuggle it in
wickedlasers already does that in a way lol. My pulsar came labeled as a ball point pen.

Ace82

It must have been a DX laser! I personally don't think that person deserves Hell to pay, just have his eyes removed! (or burned to blindness with his own laser). [smiley=evil.gif]

Switch

Razako said:
[quote author=toked323 link=1203723391/15#19 date=1204060653]then the only way to get one would be to smuggle it in
wickedlasers already does that i a way lol.  My pulsar came labeled as a ball point pen.[/quote]
I don't think WL are the only ones doing that ::)
Anyway it would be easy to conceal a laser pointer to take on a stadium....

A nice Ir and nightshot cam would be more effective maybe? then no one would even know it was happening, except renaldo :'( If there was any justice, this should be viewed as an avg idiot not realizing his actions beforehand and being in the moment. (Less malicious, but severe all the same) than a premeditated ir assault.
Al
Either way it sucks for all the media it is probably getting in other countries were soccer is like canadians and ice hockey, X10 !!
probably wont here much about this here in the USA
Al

Ace82

Like I said, too many "Idiots". Some have lasers, some have guns. Some have badges (currently dealing with an evil, stupid, crooked cop - about something totally unrelated). I guess any privilege of a "free" nation can be turned disruptive or destructive (ex: a car can be used as a killing tool used maliciously.” Einstein Quotes: "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

Razako

aces4al said:
A nice Ir and nightshot cam would be more effective maybe? then no one would even know it was happening, except renaldo :'( If there was any justice, this should be viewed as an avg idiot not realizing his actions beforehand and being in the moment. (Less malicious, but severe all the same) than a premeditated ir assault.
Al
Either way it sucks for all the media it is probably getting in other countries were soccer is like canadians and ice hockey, X10 !!
probably wont here much about this here in the USA
Al
The USA really doesn't care much about soccer so this incident won't effect laser laws here. I hope nobody tries something like this at the Baseball world series :mad:

Switch

An IR of the same power and divergence would've gone completely unnoticed, even by Ronaldo. :p

I guess the only effective way to deal with it would be to publicise the action as an unlawful one. Then when someone from the crowd does it the other fans will notice what he/she is doing. That way it will serve as a deterrent for such crimes in the future.

toked323:

I never shined a laser at a train and never said that I did. Pls go back and read the thread properly b4 concluding.

Somebody should start a list of laser offenses and lets see what new regulations pop up because of them. I heard from somewhere that when you shine your laser in a park and a policeman sees it, your laser's going to get confiscated. :-/

Ace82

Kind of off topic, but isn't the "Photonic disruptor" just an uncollimated laser?