Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Romisen L-D030 review

ben74

This thing it great! it's just a little dimmer that my 55mW pen but it beats it on beam spec's as it's 0.9mRad! as it focusable. To focus it you need to unscrew the head and turn the lens with your hand. It uses a CR123A battery and i have not needed to change the battery in days, so it has a great run time. So glad i bought it.. was going to use it has a host but i can't bring myself to open as i don't won't to risk breaking it. Heres a beam pic!

Attachments

• DSC00932.JPG
    DSC00932.JPG
    682 KB · Views: 390

diachi

Romisen lasers make great hosts, I made a BR out of one ! ;D

Nice review :p

ben74

There great host i dropped mine from 5 feet (by accident) and it still works!

Thanks Diachi

diachi

ben74 said:
There great host i dropped mine from 5 feet (by accident) and it still works!

Thanks Diachi

I've dropped all 3 of mines from those kinda heights and they all still work perfectly .

-Adam

Fotons

Diachi said:
[quote author=ben74 link=1230836196/0#2 date=1230838206] There great host i dropped mine from 5 feet (by accident) and it still works!

Thanks Diachi

I've dropped all 3 of mines from those kinda heights and they all still work perfectly .

-Adam[/quote]
Did you drop it on a hard surface? Inquiring minds want to know
:-?

diachi

Fotons said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1230836196/0#3 date=1230843278][quote author=ben74 link=1230836196/0#2 date=1230838206] There great host i dropped mine from 5 feet (by accident) and it still works!

Thanks Diachi

-Adam[/quote]
Did you drop it on a hard surface? Inquiring minds want to know
:-?[/quote]

Yeah, it was concrete I dropped it on , as well as my floor, but that's not too hard, it's wooden.

The concrete left a dent ::)

ben74 said:
This thing it great! it's just a little dimmer that my 55mW pen but it beats it on beam spec's as it's 0.9mRad! as it focusable. To focus it you need to unscrew the head and turn the lens with your hand. It uses a CR123A battery and i have not needed to change the battery in days, so it has a great run time. So glad i bought it.. was going to use it has a host but i can't bring myself to open as i don't won't to risk breaking it. Heres a beam pic!

hey buddy, it couldnt be easier to open this laser... see my picture.. there are two rings = heatsinks.. one is screwable.. you will need nose pliers and you will be able to unscrew it.. then second ring is glued or pressed at the base of module-around the diode.. you will just pull it out from host...
i have dissasembled and assembled my so many times... this host was probably made for people who are interested in DIY...

Attachments

• forum.JPG
    forum.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 290
i used to hear alot of bad things about these, mode hopping, underpowered etc.
have you noticed anything like this?

ben74

It's definitely not underpowered but it did mode hop from TEM00 to TEM01 but it stopped after few days, perfect TEM00 :cool:

frogger said:
i used to hear alot of bad things about these, mode hopping, underpowered etc.
have you noticed anything like this?

well  i couldnt get working temperature with this host... it is really solid and thick material.. i mean there is lot of mettal and it is hard to warm up this laser...  so i disassemble this laser, pot moded it and i got great result in increasing brightnes, but i didnt remove unability to warm up.... so i put this module to my pen style host and there is no problem anymore...
no warm up time ...  i dont really know why i was unable to reach operating temperature in this host, but probbably it was always too cold around the didode and crystal even after few minutes of running... and who know, maybe cr123 battery was not what this laser needed...

there is few more negative things... first that my laser dont have forcusable lens.. it is glued or something.. even i cant unscrew it with pliers..  :'(
second, that it is not TEM00... there is lots of shit around the dot... it is hard to describe...  simply there is lots of dots around the DOT.... i thing it is only bad luck that i got this one..

what is great is divergence... my beam is unbelievable thin, or slim...

now i am just wating for my blue ray module and then i will use this host for them... it will be gerat heatsink itself...

regards

i have a l-c030(or had) and i noticed some of the same things. the main difference was mine was very easy to focus. there was a loose glue seal i had to break, but i could break it with just my hands. I have an ongoing project to rehouse it, but i forgot about it, lol.