Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Romisen L-C030 GREAT laser.

diachi

Hello !

Well today my friend came round with his new Romisen L-C030 green laser. I asked if I could meter it and write a quick review, so he kindly allowed me to.

This laser is a great little laser for the price ( it can be found on DX ) it's very stable and has a nice TEM00 beam. Due to it's nice heatsink it also has a very low duty cycle.

Pros :

Good Price
Nice clean beam
Low duty cycle
Uses CR123s so the batteries last ages
Seems to be little IR, also quite over spec.
Clicky switch !
Pocket clip AND a strap.
Focus can be adjusted when you remove the module ( this is easy )

Cons :

The beam isn't very thin, compared to the likes of the LEDshoppe 5mW pointer
Divergence isn't great from the factory, this can be fixed though ( the divergence on mines is close to perfect now )

--------------

The power of this laser is great, it peaked at a cool 45mW with used batteries, which is pretty good for a 30mW laser. The nice clean beam is also nice, I hate messy speckle beams !

Power reading on my LaserBee I
picture.php

The dot !
picture.php

And finally the obligatory beam shot !
picture.php

Hope you enjoyed my quick review of the Romisen L-C030 green.

Regards,

Adam

Nice review Dachi, nice LPM too. Yeah that's a great deal for a 30mW laser. I'm wondering how those Rayfoss laser will do.

diachi

Thanks,

It is a great little laser, it would be great for astronomy. As for Rayfoss lasers, I'll need to look into that.

-------

that didn't take much searching, I see what your talking about now :)

Regards,

-Adam

Last edited:
Heheh, yeah I do like those hosts they use, they claim their waterproof, but i wouldn't trust mine in a bucket of water. :D

.3lite

looks nice, but how can you be sure that isn't also some IR going out?

We should make a thread where every member can post their reviews and gather 100% of the reviews of every product. This would be awesome and really handy.

diachi

It would be very handy !

@.3lite : There is IR in the readings, but very small amounts. I'll take further readings at a later date to confirm how much IR there is.

I have a similar laser (I picked up a few from SZW and actually kept one for the glovebox because they're kinda cool) - This one is the Romisen L-E030, also uses a CR123, peaks at 44mW and settles to around 38-40 fairly quickly...The only thing I've noticed is that it's really finicky about batteries/voltage, if the batteries aren't fresh the beam dims noticeably but usually that's after a half-hour or so of heavy usage. The other thing I've noticed is the host itself would be pretty decent for modding, nice solid heatsink and pretty easy to tear into.

romisen_L-E030.jpg

In the bottom pic I stuck an Aixiz in there, just to show the potential for the mod
to BR or LOC ... Overall, for around $25 this is a nice solid little laser!

diachi

That one looks funny :p

It's the same module in all of the Romisen 30mW green lasers , so they should all be similar in specs.

I actually built a BR out of one of the L-C030s I had, it was a very easy to mod host and made quite a nice BR, I've still got one of my " twins " but it's un-modded and still green !

diachi

Attached is a picture of the IR leakage, you can see the laser in the bottom left corner .

picture.php

Last edited: