Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Romisen L-B030 30mW green laser

Heya Guys,

A few days ago i posted some questions about shipping from dealextreme. It shipped (not from order till receiving) in 3 days. The package was posted on the 10th of march. I received it today. +1 gmt.

Once opened the package there was a cartboard box, 2 pieces of CR123A batteries and the wrong charger i ordered :oops:

First i opened the cartboard box, in it there was a bubblefoil bag with the laser.

My first thoughts :

On the pics it looked a lot bigger
Wow, niceley build!
Nice wrist strap!

Once fully inspected the laser from the outside i started to unscrew the tailcap. It unscrewed very smooth, and it was greased well! Fully protected with rubber o-rings.

My first impressions for the build quality :

All parts niceley greesed!
Full o-ring protection!
Well connected to the heatspreader in the front
Nice clicky tail cap! (don't know the word :p but it stays on when u press it:thanks:)

I couldn't wait, so i put the battery in the device and fired this baby up.

My impressions about the laser light and beam:

Very good visible bright beam!
I love the green color, i think it's my favorite!
Dot can be clearly seen on a normal half sunny/cloudy day!

Overall opinion

In my opinion this is a really good laser. It's build quality exceeds my imagination! It's greased threads and it's full rubber o-ring protection adds a nice feeling to the device.

I'm uploading pics now, i hope that they will be available tonight cuz i can't make night pictures ;)

Photo's

DSC00914.jpg

DSC00915-1.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

Last edited:

JLSE

These are good little greens for the price. The cons to that laser though is the plastic heatsink, and the glass on the front.

If you use an aluminum heatsink instead, you can pot mod to around 50mW granted they haven't changed the module since I last bought one...

Also the glass on the front does offer some extra protection, but also takes away 7-10mW IIRC. You can remove the glass which will also most likely get rid of all the fuzz around the beam (as seen in pic).

Hey,

Thanks for your reply.

It is an aluminium heatspreader, so it is possible to potmod it. But i don't want to take the risk now. I'm scatisfied with the power it gives now.

I'm gonna try to remove the laser, but that will give dust a free way to the lens...

Greets!

@Randomlugia , i can't measure the beam. At the moment i don't have these kind of electronics to test the output. If you can help me find the right equipment ill definatly buy one to test it :)

Kind regards

I didn't really mean the exact output, I meant, does it seem like the power goes up or down considerably, or takes a while to power up?

The power goes up, it fires up real bright, after one sec it will ''cool down'' a bit. after 30 - 60 secs it will brighten up again to full power. (aprox, cus of the temperature)

Greets

Last edited:
Ordered a 2nd and 3rd one for friends, haha. They really like the buildquality!

Anyone has tried to remove the front glass? It worth the effort to gain some mw?
What about the duty cycle? there is no manual nor tech specs
Due to the flashlight form is possible to fit some optical accessories of more expensive lasers?

Last edited: