Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rkcstr driver max voltage

the only problem with using 10440's is that when (in my case) they are fully charged they output around 4.2v each, thats good for 12.6V. I'm not exactly sure at how much that is pushing the Rckstr driver and whatnot.

L@z3r

daguin said:
[quote author=L@z3r link=1234032611/0#17 date=1234108143]Yeah. So i hope this lil Mod works.

Do you have something against having a working laser?

Peace,
dave[/quote]
What do you mean by that ? Well i just got your 120mw blu ray module, and i dont wanna kill it, but i dont have 9v batteries. i have alot of wall wart plugs that measured on a DMM there 12.6volts and i dont wanna kill the driver. This is my only working laser so yeah i don't wanna mess it up. But again the laser wont burn with the 9v's i have because they sagged down to 8volts. It really sucks.

A diode could be used in series to drop the voltage a little bit. (maybe 0.7 of a volt) This diode would be placed in the positive supply lead to the driver board. If necessary, two diodes in series can be used. Might be worth a try. Short test runs, check for any sign of component warming on the driver board, measure voltage driver board is receiving after the diode or diodes used to drop voltage.

daguin

billg519 said:
A diode could be used in series to drop the voltage a little bit. (maybe 0.7 of a volt) This diode would be placed in the positive supply lead to the driver board. If necessary, two diodes in series can be used. Might be worth a try. Short test runs, check for any sign of component warming on the driver board, measure voltage driver board is receiving after the diode or diodes used to drop voltage.

This is a better idea than opening up the module to "hack" the driver

Peace,
dave