Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rigel 2 MW yellow laser pointer beam

gbp007

Is there a review anywhere about the rigel 2mw yellow laser pointer that laserglow sells ? Can you see the actual beam at night if i point in the sky and also can you see the beam if you are inside a nightclub ? Is it bright ?

Razako

2mw of yellow will be about as bright as 1.3mw of green. You won't be able to see the beam unless there is a lot of smoke/fog/humidity in the air. You are getting the wrong laser if you want this for star pointing.

2MW of yellow would vaporize the things you are pointing the laser at. 2mW of yellow won't be too bright, some people have said the brightness is about between a few mW of green and 5mW of red.

the 0-2mw yellow i have, you can just about see the beam in a dark room.
of course, if its foggy outside the beam will be alot more visible at night, but on a typical clear night you wont be able to see the beam outside due to ambient lighting.
i would recommend you get yourself a smoke machine to fully appreciate this laser at its best!

gbp007

Im located in panama and when i go drive from the city to the countryside i want to use it for pointing outside in the night but not necessarily at the sky but all around at the trees and hills..My 5 mw green pointer does that perfectly and you can see the beam clearly but that's understandable because it's a 532nm..How about the 5mw yellow pointer that DL sells ? Would that one be more visible at night ?

Razako

gbp007 said:
Im located in panama and when i go drive from the city to the countryside i want to use it for pointing outside in the night but not necessarily at the sky but all around at the trees and hills..My 5 mw green pointer does that perfectly and you can see the beam clearly but that's understandable because it's a 532nm..How about the 5mw yellow pointer that DL sells ? Would that one be more visible at night ?
The DL 5mw would be a much better choice if you want visibility.

gbp007

Razako said:
[quote author=gbp007 link=1210801746/0#4 date=1210803842]Im located in panama and when i go drive from the city to the countryside i want to use it for pointing outside in the night but not necessarily at the sky but all around at the trees and hills..My 5 mw green pointer does that perfectly and you can see the beam clearly but that's understandable because it's a 532nm..How about the 5mw yellow pointer that DL sells ? Would that one be more visible at night ?
The DL 5mw would be a much better choice if you want visibility.[/quote]I was just rereading the review for the 5mw yellow and it shows the beam is very visible from the picture below from the review , I just wish DL had it in stock.. :'(

gbp007 said:
[quote author=Razako link=1210801746/0#5 date=1210803989][quote author=gbp007 link=1210801746/0#4 date=1210803842]Im located in panama and when i go drive from the city to the countryside i want to use it for pointing outside in the night but not necessarily at the sky but all around at the trees and hills..My 5 mw green pointer does that perfectly and you can see the beam clearly but that's understandable because it's a 532nm..How about the 5mw yellow pointer that DL sells ? Would that one be more visible at night ?
The DL 5mw would be a much better choice if you want visibility.[/quote]I was just rereading the review for the 5mw yellow and it shows the beam is very visible from the picture below from the review , I just wish DL had it in stock.. :'(

[/quote]
That picture was taken on a very foggy night.

VW

So I guess this one was taken in a very smokey room then?

Attachments

• orange_laser_beam_one.jpg
    orange_laser_beam_one.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 6,226

gbp007

VW said:
So I guess this one was taken in a very smokey room then?
Is that a 2mw or a 5mw and what lighting do you have that the beam on there is visible ?

VW

That's another picture from Dragon Lasers, so I'm assuming it's their 5mW...

they made the camera take a long exposure so it could collect as much light as possible. MAN!!! have been wanting one for a verry long time, I have enough money but then id be runnin low on cash for a while. Maybe dx will start to sell them? (yeah right!)

VW

If they really aren't as bright as they seem, I'm not going to bother untill I can afford something like the Vega from laser glow, or they seriously drop in price...

VW

Sawt al Hurriyah said:
The picture of the 5mW in the sky is mine, that night there was a very thick, probably polluted, haze in the air. ;) I can take some more picture of my Yellow, if anyone want to see any specific comparison or anything. It peaks at 7mW, when it wants too. :p
This is a long shot, but do you have a low powered blue to compare it with? As I think that would be a good comparison. Don't worry if you don't though, any pictures are greatly apreciated...

:)