Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RgV awesome project

O.K. guys, I need some definite help along the way with this, so, I've created this thread. I'm planning to build a RGV laser, and need to know a few things, and just let you guys know how this awesome build is coming. Plus, this could be a guide for other users who want to do the same, without purchasing fancy kits that tend to be expensive.

the ingredients:
1X PHR-803T DIODE 120mw
1X X16 SONY BURNER 150 mw
1X MODWERX 10mw GREEN MODULE (Modded switch)
2X MODWERX drives
2x TURNING MIRRORS
2X AIXIZ MODULE
different standard parts

will update later

Last edited:

You can get away with only 2 turning mirrors by having violet and red redirected into the green's beam.

ok, good to know. sorry about not typing what I needed to. : p My computer was about to die. I'll be skiing for the day, so I'll think more about this then.

Check This out....

This shows the approximate color you will get with,
PHR @ 110mw
LOC @ 250mw
Green @ 50mw

110mw%20405.jpg

This Next chart shows the better option, BUT YOU CANT USE A PHR WITH THIS

BR @ 250mw
LOC @ 250mw
Green @ 60mw

This gives a GREAT white.

better.jpg

Last edited:
Check This out....

This shows the approximate color you will get with,
PHR @ 110mw
LOC @ 250mw
Green @ 50mw

110mw%20405.jpg

This Next chart shows the better option, BUT YOU CANT USE A PHR WITH THIS

BR @ 250mw
LOC @ 250mw
Green @ 60mw

This gives a GREAT white.

better.jpg
can you do one of those with: 10mw G
150mw R
110mw B-R
(i don't have the operating software for this)

ok, ordered the 16X burner and 30 mw greenie module. should come on wednesday.

i have the PHR done, and was able to light matches with it. (yay, a phr that actually works!) will load photos and upload pics later

hereherehere.jpg

Here is the chart with the 30mw green instead of the 10mw.

Take note that the red is running at 135mw. Anything more and your color balance starts to drift towards red.

Also, the PHR is @ 110mw, that may be kinda high

Last edited:
So Close!!! can you come up with something so that I can set the driver current accordingly?
-Matt

Lol, I wish. Each LD is unique and will require a different current. I guess its not much help if you don't have a power meter. I didn't think of that part :p

There are a bunch of people here that could help you with that question, Unfortunately I'm not one of them :whistle:

More about CHROMA:
The program is "a tool for calculating the chromatic coordinates of mixtures of monochromatic light and displaying them in a CIE xy chromaticity diagram. Simply put, it answers the question: If I mix these lasers, what color will I get?"

...."mainly used for designing and building laser projectors, especially if lasers of more exotic wavelengths for which there is a lack of guidelines are involved. Systems of different wavelengths and powers can easily be evaluated for luminance and white balance."

well, i could use some fog and adjust the drivers accordingly until I get a white beam. Oh well, my stuff is still shipping.