Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB/RGV ILDA on a budget

i understand you don't want to build it yourself. but you yourself have come up with pretty much every premade option.

At some point in time you are gonna have to pony up some money. After all this is a recreational hobby. it isn't food.

michael.

i wish i was classically good looking... can i find that for 500 bucks. i don't want to work out or eat right. i cant spend 5000 for surgury. any advice?

michael.

i wish i was classically good looking... can i find that for 500 bucks. i don't want to work out or eat right. i cant spend 5000 for surgury. any advice?

michael.

Haha i get your point. But first you need to see if that plastical surgery you are planning to do is any good, so you give the doctor 500 dollar and see if you like whats he's doing to ya;)

i'm just teasing borg. but i hope you do see what we are saying. you know you're going to love a projector... do you have a job with regular income? if so then just save for top line chinese set up.

michael.

vk2fro

This is how I've started - $500 chinese projector.

Happy to say it will do a home party, or very small venue, and has some interesting patterns on the DMX controller, and is sound activated.

Am I completly satisfied?

About 80%. We'll see what it can do when it gets hooked to the frame streamer express 2.0 I have coming.

In the mean time I have ordered a 1 x 2 foot piece of 5mm T6061 aluminium baseplate for... you guess it, my home build.

I will be shooting videos of a variety of cheap china projectors this weekend. I'll post them up here and you can make up your mind then borgqueenx. I've got access to basic sound activated single colour units, DMX controlled/sound activated single/dual colour (but no DMX controller LOL), and my RGB chinese w/ILDA,DMX and Sound modes.

Mental note to self: buy miniDV tapes :)

Last edited:
Your output should improve many times over once you've got even a cheap projector hooked to a proper DAC.. anything but iShow anyway.

Benm

It would be interesting to see what the sound activated modules actually produce. I'm all for implementing full control, but seeing what the fix-and-forget type units do is always interesting :)

It obviously varies from model to model, but the few I've seen have about 15 short animations. The animation is switched to the next one every few seconds, and the animation speed changes with sound volume. It gets boring pretty fast if you ask me.

vk2fro

There is a video uploading now that shows a short clip of what these lasers are capable of. A second clip will be uploaded with a group of these lasers operating. These were shot with the iphone, as the minidv camera was ready to go except for a stuffed battery (havent used it in a while, need to buy a new one!)

Video 1: My laser while the red was still working:

Video 2: 5 china projectors all working their nuts off, but mine had a failed red.
In the queue for upload.

edit: my internet has been chopped off (forgot to pay the bill). So I'll upload them tomorrow once I pay my isp bill. Using the ipad's tethering to connect, and its only got a gig of data.

Last edited: