Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB laser driver ebay

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought this driver off ebay. I was wondering if someone knows this driver more ''in depth'' to tell me what the pinout is of the green laser connector.

The driver I am talking about is sold by Techhood.

Analogue RGB Laser Driver for 638nm 300mW 532nm 200mW 450nm 500mW Set 12V 2A | eBay

I have asked Techhood about this driver but he couldn't give me a proper explanation.

It's been a long time since I posted something on this forum. I hope this doesn't give me a negative reputation.

diachi

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought this driver off ebay. I was wondering if someone knows this driver more ''in depth'' to tell me what the pinout is of the green laser connector.

The driver I am talking about is sold by Techhood.

Analogue RGB Laser Driver for 638nm 300mW 532nm 200mW 450nm 500mW Set 12V 2A | eBay

I have asked Techhood about this driver but he couldn't give me a proper explanation.

It's been a long time since I posted something on this forum. I hope this doesn't give me a negative reputation.

Tells you right on the listing:

$_12.JPG

"-GM+"

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have seen that schematic but I meant the connection of the green laser diode itself, not the modulation input. There is a connector with 6 pins. Techhood told me that it's the two middle pins but the text next to those two pins is ''TS'' (temperature sense) instead of the + R - and + B -with the red and blue connections. This is confusing me. There is a + G - text next to the green laser connection (on the right side of TS) but that's apparently not used for the green diode if Techhood is correct.

See image for the green laser connection below.

s-l1000.jpg

I hope this explains my problem a bit better.

Process of elimination shows it's the connector marked TS. What are the voltages on those pins?

I didn't test the voltages yet. I'll do it right now.
I'll get back to you in a minute.

the ''ts'' marked pins show 3,3V the left two pins 12V and the right two pins are 0V
The pins on the red and blue are at 0V but that might be because there is no 5v on the modulation input.

diachi

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have seen that schematic but I meant the connection of the green laser diode itself, not the modulation input. There is a connector with 6 pins. Techhood told me that it's the two middle pins but the text next to those two pins is ''TS'' (temperature sense) instead of the + R - and + B -with the red and blue connections. This is confusing me. There is a + G - text next to the green laser connection (on the right side of TS) but that's apparently not used for the green diode if Techhood is correct.

See image for the green laser connection below.

s-l1000.jpg

I hope this explains my problem a bit better.

From that picture I'd say LD- is the first pin (on the right) and LD+ is the second or third from the right, double check with a multimeter first of course. Perhaps you'll need to apply modulation to get a voltage reading on the right two pins, I'd bet they are LD+ and LD- and that you'd see a voltage if you applied modulation.

Last edited:
I just tried applying a signal to the modulation input of the green laser and i can switch on a white led connected to the right two pins (+g-) The middle two pins don't react to the modulation signal. It seems that Techhood was wrong about the pinout I guess. I discovered a possible second problem. The red laser driver doesn't want to light a white led when I connect a 5v signal to the modulation input. The blue driver works perfectly by the looks of it. I'll try connecting a red led to the red channel and see if it works. The drivers seem to be in minimum current setting as the white led didn't heat up fast connecting it to the driver.

(edit)

Red led works fine.

Last edited:

Gadget

I was thinking about getting one of these to play around with. Good to see all the channels work.

-G

Last edited:
I have the red channel working perfectly. The others will come soon. It's getting late here. just passed eleven o clock in the evening:) will continue tinkering with it tomorrow.
I'll post the results when I get there.

There has been a respective thread on photonlexicon about this driver. you might want to check it out.

could you post a link to that thread because I don't know the search word to find it myself. Thanks in advance.

I got all the channels working today. The green diode pins are the 2 with +G- next to it as I thought in the first place. The red and blue channels are simple to connect. It works perfectly as an analogue laser driver. There is a notable difference between TTL setting and the analogue setting. You did a great job helping me. :thanks:

thanks for daichi over analog explanation, elco case of heat what should intervene, I am still new in this
o.png

Last edited:
I thought it might be useful to upload a picture of the pinout of the green laser connection. Maybe it will help others with the same driver. I noticed one thing with the green laser fan. The used pwm signal is quite rough because it makes the fan quite noisy :mad:. I tried a few fans and there is a notable difference between the fans. The heating element connection switches off when the fan turns on. This is what I expected because it would be impractical to leave the heating element on whilst the fan is trying to cool it down (endless circle).

Attachments

• rgb driver pinout (800x600).jpg
    rgb driver pinout (800x600).jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 524