Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB Laser - Advice needed (noob alert)

Ok,

I'm a complete newbie in laser projectors, I already read a lot of topics here and at PL and still don't know what I can buy with my budget.

My requeriments:

- RGB projector, with 445nm blue.
- Light weight if possible, since I'm in Brazil the shipping can be a killer.

I really don't want complex and pro stuff, I want a projector just to play with and admire the lasers. :) I think an ILDA (that I still don't fully understand) is a must to play with some custom graphics/animations.

My budget right now is US$1300,00 (without shipping)

Help a newbie girl. :)

Cheers

The best option at this point in time is to build your own projector.

Order a set of galvos, lasers, and a DAC, along with all necessary optics.

Assemble it on a baseplate yourself, and you're good to go.

You can't really get good pre-built units these days, so most people will DIY. Once you know what you're doing, it's pretty much the only option.

ILDA is the name of the interface. ILDA allows you to use software to control the galvanometers (to draw whatever you want). Cheap scanners use a DMX player board, which only has a limited selection of patterns and shows.

To use ILDA, you will need the appropriate connections on your galvos, along with a DAC. The DAC is responsible for 'translating' what comes out of your computer into something your galvanometers can understand.

Personally I've had very good luck with Laser King's products, they use all CNI modules.. A system like this should be ideal for your purposes: Hongkong Laserking Tec Co.,Limited.

Make sure you ask for analog modulation..

The run around that price range and really perform very well for an inexpensive Chinese system..

The only Chinese company that I personally have used complete projectors from is Laser-King.. I've heard decent things about Spacelas' projectors, but the fact that Laser-King uses all CNI heads was the selling point for me. The internal build quality of the Laser-King is quite decent as well. Due to the fact that so many Chinese companies are rip-offs I only feel comfortable recommending the one that I have personal experience using.