Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB collimated unit

Kami

Hi All,

I'm looking for a compact RGB collimated unit which outputs a 1-inch, aligned, collimated beam.
I haven't been able to find an appropriate one.
Do you guys have any suggestions?
If you know a supplier or specific company, please send me the link.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
You'll almost certainly have to buy an RGB unit and bolt on your own beam expander to get the 1" beam you're after.

Kami

You'll almost certainly have to buy an RGB unit and bolt on your own beam expander to get the 1" beam you're after.

The problem with that is the RGB units out there are not very well aligned. But do you have any specific small RGB units in mind? Brands? Company name?

It depends on where you buy your RGB laser from. There are some very well aligned ones for sale and even ones you can align yourself. I agree that the least expensive ones are not well aligned or can be made to align well. If you use all single mode diodes that have similar divergences you can have a very well aligned RGB laser.

Kami

It depends on where you buy your RGB laser from. There are some very well aligned ones for sale and even ones you can align yourself. I agree that the least expensive ones are not well aligned or can be made to align well. If you use all single mode diodes that have similar divergences you can have a very well aligned RGB laser.

Is it possible for you to send me some links?
I'd appreciate that.

There is Opt Lasers in Poland that sells these kinds of RGB lasers. Arctic Dude has at least one and would be able to give you more information on it than I can.

This is the opt lasers unit and it's a really good quality RGB with beam profiles that match very well, also the Sanwu hand held RGB is very nice but the cheaper ebay modules won't be of this quality and the beams may not be the same dia. but if you discover a nice RGB module please post your findings.

300mw-micro-rgb-laser-module.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm. I thought for $540.00 it had more adjustments to the dichros. Not just in one direction.

Anthony P

I wonder if the mounts are on hemispheres like a garage door opener sensor.

Kami

The Opt Laser one is super expensive.
I am looking for a unit closer to $50-100.

I found this one, I'll try it and let you know about the quality.

RGB-300mW-White-Laser-Dot-Module-Red-Green-Blue-638nm-520nm-450nm-TTL-Driver-Modulation-p-1252293

Google that one. I can't post a link until I get to 20 messages.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
The Opt Laser one is super expensive.
I am looking for a unit closer to $50-100.

I found this one, I'll try it and let you know about the quality.

RGB-300mW-White-Laser-Dot-Module-Red-Green-Blue-638nm-520nm-450nm-TTL-Driver-Modulation-p-1252293

Google that one. I can't post a link until I get to 20 messages.
You'll get what you pay for. In the case of the one from banggood that means poor beam alignment and an underpowered red diode.

I believe for $540.00 I could put together something that is better than the one shown at OptLasers at 300 mW. Geese! That is a lot of money for non-adjustable dichos. You can find the laser diodes in single mode for $100.00 or less. There is nothing special about the modules for the diodes and drivers are everywhere.