Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RF532-200mW-QMT Duty Cycle

Hi,

I want to buy the Rayfoss green laser pointer RF532-200mW-QMT.
The duty cycle for this laser is 60 sec.
Question: What can I do to extend the duty cycle, say 5 minutes.
Maybe another heatsink, somekind of other mod.

Regards,
Marc.

Can you please tell me which model will fit this Rayfoss model, and where to get it ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Marc.

Benm

Heatsinking would work, if you can get it to make proper contact. The QMT host (www.rayfoss.com) seems to be very irregular in shape though, so it wont be easy to fit a heatsinking star around it... unless you machine it into a cylinder first.

Their FML series (www.rayfoss.com) seems to have that handled, but is double the price... perhaps there are difference in laser modules used though, and IR filtering.

I agree with Benm, get a heatsinked unit, those are much more solid. Another plus is 18650 batteries, which have more than twice the capacity of RCRs.

So if I do understand, what you're saying is, tier it apart and put the laser into another host ?

Regards.

Benm

Hard to say what to do here.. you might be able to find a good host for it in the buy/sell/trade board, but other than that, there is little you can do to improve this laser.

Those small hosts just dont have what it takes to cool the laser properly, and their shape makes additional heatsinking very difficult.

I would go with this one for now: www.rayfoss.com

Just look at the size of that thing sitting in its case - it would be hard to add heatsinking to match that, even if the laser modules were similar.