Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Revived from the DEAD! - A bit...

freshert

After reading Ace82's thread on his RPL blue, I decided to try and fix my DX150. Before I tried to fix it, nothing was coming out, not even IR! Now there is a tiny bit of IR coming out! I blew into the laser (I pulled out the foam stuff) as hard as I could and slowly, IR started to come out! Should I waste $20 on a can of compressed air to try and fix it? Also, I pushed up the circuit a bit. Maybe thats how it started to spew some IR... :-/

GooeyGus

Re: Revived from the DEAD!

Well blowing into it shouldn't really do anything. I would take the board out and see if some solder joints are broken, it may be an easy fix!!

Things

Is it the 150mw greenie? If so, you need to pull the whole module out to get to the driver. Get a block of wood, drill a hole in it so the silver bit fits in snuggly, mount it in a vice and wiggle the rest of the laser, the silver cap will come off. THe rest is pretty self explanatry.

freshert

I tested how much current the laser was sucking up and its about 36-50ma.... Now I know there is something wrong with the driver...

Things

Ahh, i thought you had the 150mw version of the 30mw laser in your sig, sorry

freshert

Well I guess I'll send it back to DX for a refund. :-/ Lucky Murudai has some green lasers for sale :D