Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Sanwu Pocket 445nm 500mW

Pangur

Hello! I received today my Sanwu Pocket, and thought I would post about it here for you all to see. This will be my first laser review, so don't expect anything spectacular and pardon the bad pictures, haha.

I paid for the laser on May 26th, and it was shipped on June 4th, which is 7 business days including the day that it shipped. It arrived today, June 8th, which was a bit quicker than I expected! Sanwu's site says five to eight days for preparation and eight to eighteen days for standard shipping, so this was all well within what was expected for preparation and significantly faster than the given shipping time. No problems there.

The laser arrived packaged nicely in a bag covered in several layers of bubble wrap, complete with a cleaning cloth.

This is not a big laser! Here are some pictures:
qzFs3bI.jpg

gf3PYV5.jpg

nuzvC3B.jpg

QTORAsP.jpg

And the beam outside at night:
8CopYJb.jpg

The quality is fantastic- It has a definite weight to it for its size, and all feels very solid. The three-element lens focuses nicely and turns smoothly, and the button on the back is quite nice and clicky. I was pretty impressed with the fit and quality of the threads; they are very smooth and both ends close almost perfectly flush with the body. I also think that the laser just looks great!

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Sanwu Pocket to anyone looking for a compact and powerful laser under $100. I'm so far completely satisfied with the product and Sanwu as a company. Let me know if you want to know anything else (except for exact power or similar things, as I do not own any equipment needed for measurements).

diachi

Need to save up and get me another one of those to go with the red! As you said - quality is fantastic, great machining. Cant even see the seam between the focus ring an the rest of the host - or the battery cap for that matter. It still impresses me every time I pick the thing up.

Thanks for taking the time to post! :)

Sta

Nice review! I saw you on /r/lasers, I'm KnifeOfPi2 over there. What's the spot size of this thing at 50 feet?

Pangur

I'll have to take some measurements sometime... Haven't had much of a chance to yet. I'll try to remember to when I can!