Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of Thor H Dual Power

tommy

tommy your "laser games" link in your sig is bad, just an FYI........

yeah, thanks for your remind. just have an update for the site, almost complete. and cancel the laser game pages. seems people are not interest on the games:yabbem: but i so enjoy them :crackup:

Thank you, Encap. I spent a fair amount of time reviewing this laser for the laser pointer store. Tried to get everything one would want to know about it in one thread. :D

yeah, thanks for your remind. just have an update for the site, almost complete. and cancel the laser game pages. seems people are not interest on the games:yabbem: but i so enjoy them :crackup:

Hi tommy, looks like the price jumped up quite a bit from yesterday? Price was $129 for blue 1/3/5W and 5W green. The 5W green is approaching wicked lasers pricing now at $399.

Also, why would I choose the Thor H2 over the Ultra? The Ultra isn't that much more...

Last edited:
Hi tommy, looks like the price jumped up quite a bit from yesterday? Price was $129 for blue 1/3/5W and 5W green. The 5W green is approaching wicked lasers pricing now at $399.

Also, why would I choose the Thor H2 over the Ultra? The Ultra isn't that much more...

I saw that as well. The first thing I saw was that all the different powers were the same price, when all of the other products had different prices attached to the different power options. I think it was just an unintended error on the order page and not a price jump. That said, the price of the 5W was close enough for me to the price of the 5W Thor Ultra that I just bought the Thor Ultra instead.

I have no idea. I still am using it on the original charge when I first got it. The two 26650 batteries hold a great deal of potential energy. If I had to guess, it would be several hours.

diachi

I have no idea. I still am using it on the original charge when I first got it. The two 26650 batteries hold a great deal of potential energy. If I had to guess, it would be several hours.

Same here, did a complete charge on the batteries when it first arrived and haven't charged them since. Battery indicator is down to one light for me, but it's still working. Don't use it a whole lot mind you.

Should get at least a few hours run time on a full charge.

I should do some load tests to see what's going on. No idea how much power it's consuming or what sort of driver it's using.

I did some testing of the batteries on my Opus when they first arrived. Posted some results in this thread, but can't remember exactly where. The driver runs a 500 Hz 50% duty cycle in both output powers, IIRC. That information is here as well.

diachi

I did some testing of the batteries on my Opus when they first arrived. Posted some results in this thread, but can't remember exactly where. The driver runs a 500 Hz 50% duty cycle in both output powers, IIRC. That information is here as well.

They run CW for high power mode. It's only on low power mode that they're pulsed at 500Hz/50% duty. See this post: https://laserpointerforums.com/f52/laser-pointer-store-thor-h2-review-100641.html#post1479765

This post shows the scope output with a sensible time base (the first link shows the waveform fine but I used the wrong time base on that measurement): https://laserpointerforums.com/f52/laser-pointer-store-thor-h2-review-100641.html#post1479774

Linking them for others that may be curious. I know you ran the same tests as I did and are familiar with the results. :beer:

The driver appears to be switch-mode buck driver, just going by the components on it. With two 26650s that should allow for some really quite decent run time on a single charge.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wasn't sure so I qualified it with "if I remember correctly". Sounds good to me.