Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the Tinker brand 561nm SFDPSS Yellow-Green Laser Pen

The LED (& Laser) Museum

Is it possible to try that outside?
I'm in a wheelchair after falling prey to a crippling stroke on 03-21-22 and my physical ability to measure with a meter stick is extremely limited at best.
(Somebody deleted my last msg. with this content.)

I updated my O.P. with this data.

Last edited:

The LED (& Laser) Museum

I have a 593.5nm yellow/amber laser pen on the way; it is the same brand (Tinker), being sold by the same seller and because they're electrically and optically somewhat similar so I was able to use this evaluation as a template for the 593.nm one.

Last edited:

tinkertavernco

Looking forward to the review!

By the way, I just want to quickly explain the "591nm" confusion. They are actually 593.5nm, but originally we were told that the modules were 591, so we just assumed that was correct and set up our listings to show that wavelength. We realized pretty soon after that, that 532/671 were involved in the process and that as a result it was obviously 593.5. But by this point the identity of "591" as the term for the new cheaper yellows was already established, so it would be a bit messy and cause even more confusion if we changed everything.

I do want to change our listings to show the proper wavelength in the near future, but 2.5nm isn't that big of a difference in the meantime.

The LED (& Laser) Museum

Looking forward to the review!

By the way, I just want to quickly explain the "591nm" confusion. They are actually 593.5nm, but originally we were told that the modules were 591, so we just assumed that was correct and set up our listings to show that wavelength. We realized pretty soon after that, that 532/671 were involved in the process and that as a result it was obviously 593.5. But by this point the identity of "591" as the term for the new cheaper yellows was already established, so it would be a bit messy and cause even more confusion if we changed everything.

I do want to change our listings to show the proper wavelength in the near future, but 2.5nm isn't that big of a difference in the meantime.
Hey, that's kind of what I figured.
I removed all references to "591nm" on the web page I'm constructing for this laser so that I do not inadvertently add to any potential confusion. :cool:

561-9.jpg

Laser's beam as viewed by the camera in my new HoverAir X1 Flying Camera (this BBS will not allow me to post a link).
I could not edit my O.P. with this because I could no longer log into LPF with the credentials I had. :(

mmmm...guess it won't let me post a pic either.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
561-9.jpg

Laser's beam as viewed by the camera in my new HoverAir X1 Flying Camera (this BBS will not allow me to post a link).
I could not edit my O.P. with this because I could no longer log into LPF with the credentials I had. :(

mmmm...guess it won't let me post a pic either.
When a mod asks you why you made a second account you answer not ignore. I'm letting it slide this time but if this happens again and you do not answer when asked you will be banned.

When a mod asks you why you made a second account you answer not ignore. I'm letting it slide this time but if this happens again and you do not answer when asked you will be banned.
I never received a message of any type; I would have most certainly answered otherwise. :(
FWIW I created a second account because I lost the password for my original and was subsequently not able to log in. My new email address is bdf1111@yahoo.com

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Alright all is resolved. You saw the messages. Yeah next time just pm a mod with the issue and the password can be reset for you instead of making another account.