Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review Of The 100mW Grenade#532 From Lazerer.

Does lazerer.com have any representatives here on LPF, like we do with JetLasers?

DJNY

Does lazerer.com have any representatives here on LPF, like we do with JetLasers?

Currently they´re looking for professional reviewers.

Representatives like Len for JET? Not yet afaik. Maybe they don´t looking for.

Thats a clean reveiw, Easy to follow and straight to the point. :beer:

Well they should have someone jump on here. It's good for business and allows communication between potential customers. Their website states that all lasers are metered before leaving. This is a tall order and I hope they stay good on this promise.

Yeah hopefully they will keep it up! I have a laser on the way for review and from the way it looks from other members review's I'm going to enjoy writing it :)

Yep, I'm Talking to sales rep Max via emails atm to see it's possible to just get 532nm modules, to install in any host we'd like (my preference is for a RGB projector I have in mind at some point), but so far he's been very fast on the responses and has decent english.

As for the LPM information they're using a laserbee heres the link

http://lazerer.com/Power_Certificate

You know about what is the duty cycle?

Thats a good question. I had it on for 3-4 minutes while measuring divergence and it was hardly warm.

I really wouldn't trust the way the host feels to indicate anything with this laser. The reason I say this is that the outer portion of the host has no direct contact with most of the module. Here's what I mean:
2011-08-02011038Custom.jpg

That said, just did a little experiment by running it for exactly two minutes. Felt barely any warmth from the brass. So two minutes would be a very conservative, very safe duty cycle. My laser is running at ~150mW, so I wouldn't be surprised if it heats up a little bit faster.

If anyone's interested here are few more pics of the inside: 150mW Grenade Style Laser
Note - my laser is not from lazerer, just similar design.

Well they should have someone jump on here. It's good for business and allows communication between potential customers. Their website states that all lasers are metered before leaving. This is a tall order and I hope they stay good on this promise.

I honestly tried to help Max and show how things work here, plus give him a game plan on he could possibly be one of the leading recommended sellers here. At first he seemed very interested, until it took me an extra week to get up the review. He emailed me constantly, and had no patience at all. He wanted me to to a quick review, and I told him I would only do a detailed review. I had to remind him I was the one who was helping him, and that he could keep the laser if he wanted. Things quieted down after that. His eagerness gone. Then after my review I got a short email thanking me, then nothing. IMO he is like the rest, looking for a quick grab instead of looking forward. We'll see how long he keeps the promise. I think the 5% discount for a review is joke. It takes time to do a good review. I wouldn't do another for the $5 - $10 you'd save.

MaxLZR

I honestly tried to help Max and show how things work here, plus give him a game plan on he could possibly be one of the leading recommended sellers here. At first he seemed very interested, until it took me an extra week to get up the review. He emailed me constantly, and had no patience at all. He wanted me to to a quick review, and I told him I would only do a detailed review. I had to remind him I was the one who was helping him, and that he could keep the laser if he wanted. Things quieted down after that. His eagerness gone. Then after my review I got a short email thanking me, then nothing. IMO he is like the rest, looking for a quick grab instead of looking forward. We'll see how long he keeps the promise. I think the 5% discount for a review is joke. It takes time to do a good review. I wouldn't do another for the $5 - $10 you'd save.

Hi Mark,

I don't know what make your attitude suddenly change.....Isn't that we have a good communicate in email? Infact I just send you one email after I don't see the review comes up (few days after you say you will put the review on). It's not a reminder. I guess you are busying. I don't want to take you so much time on that so I ask you to keep the review simple. I don't think one email can be described as "constantly".....

After I got you reply you say you need time to do a detail reviews. I say I trust you and I won't send any email about the issue cos I don't want to be an annoying. And this become "quieted down after that" & "eagerness gone"...

Anyway, if there is anything that I made you misunderstand my meaning. I apoligized for that.

Regrads,
Max

Last edited:
We did have great communication. You responded immediately to all my emails, except the last one. Everything I wrote in that quote was honest, and true. What really changed my attitude was that I thought we were going to work together, like many other successful laser companies here. Like Hak, and Jetlaser, and others. It seemed that is what you wanted in the beginning. Then you got impatient rather quickly, and stopped taking my advice. After the review was up communication was dropped. Is this not true? I can post emails if you cant remember.

There is a formula on how to do business here. It takes patience to follow the formula, and even more to be successful here. There is a huge market on this forum, and if you dont do it right, you will fail. We've seen it happen 100s of times before. Its nothing new that a laser retailer promise everything in the beginning, and fail to live up to their promises a short time after.

The Vets of this forum have the power to make or break a laser retailers business here. This is why we only recommend one or two laser retailers out of hundreds when members ask where to buy lasers. I told you many times only honesty, and patience will work here. Offering 5% off for reviews will only flood the forum with crap reviews from every n00b who wants to save a dollar or two.

You can have my laser back if you want. I stand by everything I have written. People know this about me, and a cheap laser will never change that.

Good luck Max. :beer:

Last edited:

MaxLZR

Hello Mark,

I think our misunderstanding go deeper. I can say I treat you a "very important person" from the beginning to the end. And every advice you take. I remeber hardly.

Thanks for your detail review. That's a wonderful job. We will continue to present onspec lasers to our customer. Like what I say to you in the email. Have a nice day.:thanks:

Max,

We did have great communication. You responded immediately to all my emails, except the last one. Everything I wrote in that quote was honest, and true. What really changed my attitude was that I thought we were going to work together, like many other successful laser companies here. Like Hak, and Jetlaser, and others. It seemed that is what you wanted in the beginning. Then you got impatient rather quickly, and stopped taking my advice. After the review was up communication was dropped. Is this not true? I can post emails if you cant remember.

There is a formula on how to do business here. It takes patience to follow the formula, and even more to be successful here. There is a huge market on this forum, and if you dont do it right, you will fail. We've seen it happen 100s of times before. Its nothing new that a laser retailer promise everything in the beginning, and fail to live up to their promises a short time after.

The Vets of this forum have the power to make or break a laser retailers business here. This is why we only recommend one or two laser retailers out of hundreds when members ask where to buy lasers. I told you many times only honesty, and patience will work here. Offering 5% off for reviews will only flood the forum with crap reviews from every n00b who wants to save a dollar or two.

You can have my laser back if you want. I stand by everything I have written. People know this about me, and a cheap laser will never change that.

Good luck Max. :beer:

I never said you treated me bad, just that that the outcome of the situation was not as it started. I advised you to wait till after a review was posted before introducing yourself to the forum, and to be patient. Did you do that? No. You signed up 3 days after I emailed you, and you exposed you were the owner of the company on the 26th, 4 days before my review.

I guess this will be my first and last review, LMAO.

Sorry for the double post.

All you guys please dont take me wrong. I'm not angry at anyone, or trying to bash Max, although it may sound like that. Max didnt screw me, or was disrespectful at any time. I am a little disappointed we couldn't build a relationship like the one Gray from Jet has with Hak, Glenn with CNI, and John from PA had with all of us. But I still recommend buying from his company. As long as he continues to sell on-spec lasers I would keep buying from him. Till the day he stops selling on-spec lasers. Its my hope that day will never come.

@ Borat. The IR diode is at the end of the module, which is pressed into the heat sink, which is pressed into the host. The head is just the focusing device, but may add a little sinking as its part of the host. So the heat sinking on this laser is equal to most of the other green lasers out there. I took the head off, held onto the module directly, and it hardly got warm after a couple of minutes. So its doing the job it was designed for.

Sorry for confusing anyone.

@ Hick - That's almost exactly what I said isn't it? The heatsinking on this laser is fine, my only point was that judging how good of a job it's doing by holding onto the outside host is not a good idea.

honeyx

Mark (Tech_Junkie). It´s a great review. I understand your disappointment, but keep in mind every new company wants a review to be posted as soon as possible.(best would be yesterday even before you got it) I have done a lot of reviews about PC parts for a pc magazine and also had to deal with new companies. So I also made my experiences with new companies. Just also keep in mind new companies often are doing some mistakes at the beginning. Especially in shipping items, not being patient..and so on.

I even had to pay taxes to the customs because some of them printed the regular price not mentioning its for a review.

I personally think you should talk with Max after a few things has been cleared up here, but on a personal level - not here in the forum. Maybe you both still will come into business. I hope so.

It´s to you that my next purchase will be done at Lazerer.

@Max - there is a simple rule about writing reviews. At least between the companies and people who are working for magazines and doing it as their main job. Two weeks after the item arrived the review should be out. So people like Mark who are doing this for free at a hobby level will for sure need a bit more time. They have their jobs, family and a regular life.