Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of SF501B 445nm Blue 2W by Sci-Fi Lasers

I had ordered this about a month ago and have been waiting to review this laser.

Story on why it took a month
Well, to make it short USPS sent my package to TX when I live in NJ and when I did receive the package it was empty. The seller Thejoker301 had generously sent another one no cost to me. :D (I am grateful for it too)

Review
It has a nice body with a WF-501b as the host. You can choose different colors but I chose black. The 2W is powerful enough to point to anything or burn anything that stands in its way. When using it I noticed that the divergence of the beam looked off but I found out that it is normal of the diode that it uses. The price was a deal at $150 and I think regular shipping was an extra $10 however, I do recommend using EMS as it is faster and your laser is insured during shipping.

Thejoker301 is a good guy with great lasers I would recommend this to anyone wanting to buy a new laser. He is very helpful and strives to make his customers happy.

Thanks Etian :thanks:

Below are Images :D

Attachments

• rsz_20140611_151234.jpg
    rsz_20140611_151234.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 382
  • rsz_20140611_151319-1.jpg
    rsz_20140611_151319-1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:

Nice Laser , Have a good time ;)

I have just ordered 2.6W (or more , still building) laser from Eitan ( Thejoker301 ) :)

Thanks for the review.

Although some people will not consider this a review since it does not contain a critical
analysis of divergence, amp draw, wavelength, window of operating voltage etc.

However, people will appreciate that you have taken the time to post your experiences on dealing with TheJoker as a seller.
And it seems that your buying experience with Sci-fi lasers has been nothing but a pleasure (minus USPS :p)

Don't forget to wear safety glasses rated for the lasers specific wavelength.
(I hope you know this already but just re-emphasizing the obvious, and to some, the not so obvious).

Last edited:
Thanks for the info :D . I wish I could add those things only im a laser noob and those pieces of information aren't available from my lack of knowledge and or resources :\

Last edited:
Thanks for the info :D . I wish I could add those things only im a laser noob and those pieces of information aren't available from my lack of knowledge and or resources :\
Don't stress it, members here at LPF tend to be picky when it comes to reviews and what qualifies as one:p

IsaacT

Nice write-ups there :) I hope ThaJoker had insurance on the package :O

Nice write-ups there :) I hope ThaJoker had insurance on the package :O

I did not had insurance ... It is a problem as insurance will cost more than the shipping it-self.

Anyways , I usually send a new replacement depends on the case :beer:

Last edited:
I just experienced the same thing. I live in Oregon and my package was delivered to Minnesota. Eitan has been nothing but great to me in terms of replying to my emails. I'm hoping he may have given me a wrong tracking number. If not, this post gives me comfort.:) I've emailed him and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my laser is actually in fact on its way to my home.

I just experienced the same thing. I live in Oregon and my package was delivered to Minnesota. Eitan has been nothing but great to me in terms of replying to my emails. I'm hoping he may have given me a wrong tracking number. If not, this post gives me comfort.:) I've emailed him and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my laser is actually in fact on its way to my home.

Replied :)

It was a wrong code. Just sent the right one .. It is on the way to you :beer:

I ordered my 2w 501b on april 8th it shipped on april16th since then the tracking number has not updated nor have i recieved it. I on the other hand trust eitan as a quality seller of very fine products. Fingers are crossed on recieving it within the next week

I ordered my 2w 501b on april 8th it shipped on april16th since then the tracking number has not updated nor have i recieved it. I on the other hand trust eitan as a quality seller of very fine products. Fingers are crossed on recieving it within the next week

Tracking will update on Sunday :beer:

I had ordered this about a month ago and have been waiting to review this laser.

Story on why it took a month
Well, to make it short USPS sent my package to TX when I live in NJ and when I did receive the package it was empty. The seller Thejoker301 had generously sent another one no cost to me. :D (I am grateful for it too)

Wait! Why in the world would the package arrive empty???

Wait! Why in the world would the package arrive empty???

Very old theard buddy :)

I do not remmember this case even lol ^^. Got so many people ordering these from me. Like I said in the PM. Delivery is guaranteed this way or another. So in the worst case either a refund or a new unit will be provided.