Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

review of Rick Trent 520nm 1W kit

That is one awsome beam. It will outshine my 7 watt Sanwu I bet

Great build and review GNIII! I’d love to be able to assemble a laser kit like this someday. I believe that Trussmonkey25 is correct about this laser outshining his Sanwu, as 520 nm is about 540 lm/w, while 455 nm is only 33 lm/w.

While I have not purchased anything from Rick I did have an occasion to partake in an ancient ritual using a communication device that is perhaps foreign to most users. Dinosaur that I am, as far business is concerned, I tend to trust those who communicate with these devices. Back and forth texting and chatting can be time consuming.

They are also a utility device with multiple uses. Let's say you are angry at the person you are speaking with. You can slam the headset down very hard enjoying great stress relief. If you live in a no gun state, should an intruder break in, you can probably either break his head or knock him out with the entire phone, then finish him off using the headset cord as a garrote. (Great for Hitchcock reenactments.
200-series-telephone.jpg

Last edited:
^^ :crackup:

Perhaps soon i will get a 7W blue to do a comparison. But i think my goal now is to get a nice 650nm or so pointer so i can have a nice set of RGB. Then im going for the 589 or maybe something a little more exotic from CNI. im gonna be scraping pennys off the street to achieve that one :) ... But i also want a nice UV laser and an infrared... Anyone know of that arcade game where you have to line up the little scissors and cut the hanging string with prize attatched? :whistle: heh, jk. Although the concept does seem interesting to me.

Last edited:

GSS

And the addiction begins:eek::can:
That is a nice wish list GeoIII:)

Last edited:
And the addiction begins:eek::can:
That is a nice wish list GeoIII:)

Oh the addiction began looong ago when i wanted one of those keychain lasers from a claw machine. i had to have been about 5 years old :) no matter how many of those keychains i had i always wanted another... Heck, talking about it makes me want one now for the nostalgia (and the addiction) heh. Maybe i can get one and rebuild it with a different diode and make it better.