Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review Of O-Like 200mW 532nm module

Review Of O-Like 200mW 532nm module Old Style

May no longer be available. This is the old style module. O-like now has a new 200mW module. It has yet to be properly reviewed as of 10/23/09

To day I finally got my O-Like 532nm module.
This module is in short supply. O-Like's webpage always has the out of stock displayed. I just stayed in contact with Susie checking in every week or so.
Finally she sent me a email telling me she had one in stock. If I wanted it, I would have to pay now or it would go to who was next in line. So I bought it:yh:

As usual ordering from Susie was a breeze.
From time of ordering to time of delivery, was 12 days. Package arrived well padded, and sealed in a anti-static bag.
Susie did tell me that this module was slightly shorter then the one advertised on her web site. 60.43mm compared to 62.5mm, same 12mm diameter.

Module seems well constructed. the connection between the driver and module is tight. Not lose and flimsy, like my DX new wish 532nm module.

I have no LPM, but it is bright, very pronounced beam. It does seem slightly brighter then my best 200mW rayfoss torch. Burns through electric tape and will light a red tipped match in 4 seconds at 6 inches away:eg:
Beam seems very well collimated. Dot size is much better than my rayfoss torch. Also, very little side splash is present.

Con:
Only one can be found with this module.
I notice a small brass shaving, that is hung up underneath the front lens. It looks big enough that it is not going to break off, into the module. Yet small enough and positioned off to the side. Were it does not interfere with the beam, exiting the lens.

This module is now in my Ehgemus custom aluminum host. It is powered by a 18650 battery.
Overall I'm very happy with this module. I plan on getting more. At $135.00 shipped with tracking and signature on delivery. You cant beat That!
attachment.php

attachment.php

The host on the left is being used for this O-Like module
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 631
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 718
  • sd.jpg
    sd.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:

Nice. I'm thinking about getting one. I wonder what it's putting out? Also, you're using an ehgemus host with an 18650? That thing must be huge!

Do you have any pics of the complete build?

Last edited:
Looks like another satisfied o-like customer, I'm curious to know what that module is putting out also. Nice review BTW.

Nice. I'm thinking about getting one. Do you have a power meter to test the output? Also, you're using an ehgemus host with an 18650? That thing must be huge!

Wish I had a power meter.

I don't thing the host is to big, just a little over 6''.
It's the same size as my rayfoss torch.
I wanted ehgemus to design the host for the 18650 cell. I figured the larger mA of the 18650 would be better suited for the 200mW module.

ZRTMWA

Sounds great, thanks for posting. You could always send the module to someone with an LPM if you really wanted to get it tested.