Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review-New DX200 Green (Baton Style)

How odd. You just click register  :D

But for your sake, I'll post what he said,

Timelord:
I've just done the IR filter test and it dropped from 282.3mw to 251.1mw.. So yes I'm very pleased. More to come in my review later on but at the moment the novelty of a focusable green burning stuff is just too much fun to be had to think seriously

Benm said:
Have you done any longer runtime tests? I wonder how much it still puts out after say 10 minutes of ontime. For the pen-style units 2 minutes is a good indication for thermal problems, but i reckon these take a fair bit longer to warm up considering their mass.

The longest I've had it running so far was 5 min. or so and it was solid in the 160-170mW range. I need to deplete the battery to give it a proper chargeup, so I'll be doing a very long run-time test on Tuesday. I'll let you know.

As for TLs unit, I have no comment. I'm quite satisfied with mine for the money.

Cheers, CC

I have also tried to register at laser enthusiast, but I also get an error.
I would really like to read his review as I have ordered the same laser.
Anyway, his first test results look really promising, is it peak output?

happytomato said:
How odd. You just click register  :D

But for your sake, I'll post what he said,

Timelord:
I've just done the IR filter test and it dropped from 282.3mw to 251.1mw.. So yes I'm very pleased. More to come in my review later on but at the moment the novelty of a focusable green burning stuff is just too much fun to be had to think seriously
that doesnt sound right...the DX 200mW versions puts out almost 300mW???

this makes me wonder how my KD 150mW will peform

Benm

happytomato said:

Thats a whole lot more than Curiously_Coherent found.. interesting. I don't know if its a dodgy battery or something else, but i'd say worth looking into.

How much current do your lasers take? I reckon that can be measured between the batteries butt and the housing, bypassing the tailcap lock entirely?

Btw, is the switch actually an on/off type, or one you need to keep pressed? From the pics it looks like the latter?

lazernut said:
this makes me wonder how my KD 150mW will peform

Were both in the same boat together and hopefully it doesn't have a leak in it :-/
what does your tracking say on your carrier's website? Not hongkong post.
I live in the US and get mail from USPS, on the usps trackng site it says:

Your item was accepted in HONG KONG on May 28, 2008 at 12:41 PM. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

this hasnt been updated since the 28th, so it should update soon. i would think by now my laser is somewhere in the US.

Same exact thing as you had. I live in northwestern Ohio, where do you live?

Western Washington! :)
i sure hope they send the lasers over the Pacific, then ill get my laser first! haha

Would putting an over charged battery into this laser kill it? I was charging my protected ones and instead of the charger cutting out at 3.7v, the protection circuitry cut it out at 4.1v.

Razako

happytomato said:
Would putting an over charged battery into this laser kill it? I was charging my protected ones and instead of the charger cutting out at 3.7v, the protection circuitry cut it out at 4.1v.
That's normal for 18650's. As long as the laser is made to accept 3.6V 18650's and has decent regulation the higher voltage off the charger won't be a problem.

Benm said:
How much current do your lasers take? I reckon that can be measured between the batteries butt and the housing, bypassing the tailcap lock entirely?

Btw, is the switch actually an on/off type, or one you need to keep pressed? From the pics it looks like the latter?

I'll check the current tonight when I do a long-duration test on it. The switch is actually a momentary, which sucks actually. I prefer an on-off clicky so I don't have to bother with zip-ties and the like. I'm still debating RMAing this puppy. With the dodgy focus ring and being underpowered, I'm not getting what I paid for. If it doesn't come back up to 200mW with a conditioned battery then back it goes, methinks.