Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

REVIEW LZCB - 650nm 200mW Water Proof from Lazerer

EDIT: Given the bad feeling and suspicion by some of the forum members, I want to stress one thing.

This review can be good, fair or poor, but is honest and based solely on my point of view, without any interference of any kind.

This laser in question I bought paying scrupulously the store price, not a penny more not a penny less.

And I have NOT received any discount, money, gifts, or any other compensation for making this review,
I did because I wanted to make, and also to help the forum members on the possible choice on this laser, or not, thats all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Some judgments are personal and subjective, and may not match those of other people.

----------------------------------------
NOTES OF LAZERER COMPANY:

In the process of purchasing and shipping, everything went without the slightest problem.

I paid with PayPal.

I have not had to seek any help.

SHIPPING AND PACKAGING:

Spent a total less than 7 days from order to receipt of the package.

The laser was purchased on August 12, 2011 17:31 (central European time).

Both the package and the laser have arrived in perfect condition and very fast,
(for a shipment from Hong Kong), Only 6 days!!!.

The laser was shipped from Hong Kong on August 13, 2011, and arrived on August 19, 2011.

PACKAGE CONTENTS:

A box for the laser (broken in the left side, and it was a box for a green laser, but nothing important),
the laser, and the power certificate (Optional, $2).

The power certificate says: Overall Output (Max) 262mW, and Overall Output (Stable) 260mW.
(But later I discovered a pleasant surprise).

FEATURES:

Model: LZCB650-200 Water Proof.

Price: $49.99 (At the time of writing this review).

Wavelength: 650nm.

Labeled Power: <200mW.

Host color: silver.

Battery: (No included) 18650.

Dimensions: 143mm long x 26mm diameter (~5.62" x ~1.02").

TEST AND CONDITIONS:

Note: Tests were performed 3 times for results as accurate as possible,
(One of these with one power supply at 4.0V to check the current) with breaks of 10 minutes between tests.

The laser was tested with a full charged 18650 Lithium Ion battery, 2600mAh (unprotected), and with a voltage of 4.13V.

Room Temperature: ~26.0ºC.

LPM test instrument: LaserBee 2.5W USB.

Distance from diode to sensor: 18cm, (~7.08").

Beam Diameter: ~4mm.

Test Was Done During for 90 Seconds in each test (total 3 times).

Max. Output with the battery a 4.13V: 286mW. :yh:

Average Output stable: ~283-284mW.:yh:

Current consumption: 0.45 Amp. at 4.0 Volts.

Total consumption Watts: 1.8W (Including the driver).

Divergence Is: <1 mRad Aprox.

The test under water for 45 seconds was positive, without any sign of moisture inside the laser.

-Can Light a Match (even red), Pops Balloons, Burns Plastics (various colors), wood, Ect.

------------------------------------------
PROS:

Very good value for money.

Laser is very Over-Specifications, plus ~83mW, than advertised.

Water Proof.

Focusable laser.

Stable power.

Nice host.

Nice Spot and Bright.

Its light weight, and moderate size.

Shipping included in the price of laser

In some test, I've had it ON for at least ~3 minutes, and only heats moderately.

-----------------------------------------
CONS:

There is no indication of how it has to be installed the battery in the host,
and may be misleading because the driver it has a welded wharf, and the tail cap is flat,
which may suggest that the negative of the battery is facing the driver (wharf), but is otherwise.

The focus is somewhat difficult to adjust, too sensitive when rotating optical head.

The kind of white washer on the tip of the Optics is a glue sticker.

Overall Conclusion:

I thought it was a very good laser for its price, is Water Proof, nice host, and the power is very Over-Specifications.

Above all, what I liked least is: No indication of how it has to be installed the + and - of the battery in the host,
and the focus is somewhat difficult to adjust.

Final conclusion: Certainly for the price-quality and power, I recommend this laser.:beer:

And now some pictures.

37198205.jpg

93561352.jpg

48773023.jpg

54293478.jpg

68386794.jpg

43281837.jpg

89535506.jpg

12598373.jpg

66476286.jpg

21105362.jpg

03currentandvoltage.jpg

01batterytestat413v.jpg

02batterytestat413v.jpg

Thanks for looking :yh:

Last edited:

Great review. That's a nice laser looks like lazerer is going to be the new o-like.

:eek:

Mine is a lot Different!
I brough it from Lazerer.
It's 230mW Peak.

You are Very Lucky! :beer:

Great review. That's a nice laser looks like lazerer is going to be the new o-like.

Thanks,

Yes, is a nice laser, I like it.

Yes, now I think Lazerer is a much better choice for several reasons,

His laser from what I've seen, and mine too, are in the advertised power, or in many cases exceeds, as in this case.

The shipment, in addition to being free, is much faster.

:eek:

Mine is a lot Different!
I brough it from Lazerer.
It's 230mW Peak.

You are Very Lucky! :beer:

Yes, thanks, I was lucky, the power exceed than advertised with enough difference,
anyway, yours also exceeds the specifications :yh:

Another example, the laser that InfinitusEquitas bought with the same announced power (200mW),
but with a different host, also quite exceeded the specified power.

I'm considerably impressed by the fact that the 200mW label is extremely conservative. I like the idea of doing business with a manufacturer that understates their quality. It's sort of like that Engineer's rule for Star Trek.

Hi, I know this review was written quite a while ago, but since it is on sale now, I'm wondering if it is focusable.

PROS:

Very good value for money.

Laser is very Over-Specifications, plus ~83mW, than advertised.

Water Proof.

Focusable laser.

Stable power.

Nice host.

Nice Spot and Bright.

Its light weight, and moderate size.

Shipping included in the price of laser

In some test, I've had it ON for at least ~3 minutes, and only heats moderately.

CONS:

There is no indication of how it has to be installed the battery in the host,
and may be misleading because the driver it has a welded wharf, and the tail cap is flat,
which may suggest that the negative of the battery is facing the driver (wharf), but is otherwise.

The focus is somewhat difficult to adjust, too sensitive when rotating optical head.

The kind of white washer on the tip of the Optics is a glue sticker.

Hi, I know this review was written quite a while ago, but since it is on sale now, I'm wondering if it is focusable.

Did you even TRY reading it ? -1

Last edited:
[/SIZE]

Did you even TRY reading it ? -1

I don't think the correct way to give information to someone is to directly insult them.
Just to clarify, I did in fact read the entire review, and I did notice that sentence about adjusting an optical head, but there was significant doubt in my mind and I wanted a direct clarification.
Since I am new to laser pointers, I have not necessarily encountered all the laser terms available, and therefore, I did not understand what an optical head is. Perhaps it was an addon that he bought?
The actual name of the laser pointer did not have the word "focusable" on it while many other laser pointers on lazerer do have "focusable" in the name. I do believe that seeking clarification is not wrong to do and I did not expect to have someone respond with an insult.

well now that it's only 39.99 i just got one :D hope i get a similar unit. Thanks for the review +1