Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Lazerer TINY 150mW 532nm Pen

Hey guys,

This will be my review of the Lazerer TINY 150mW green pen laser.

Product Picture:
ad1451.jpg

Power Certificate:
2lucqvq.jpg

Metered Output (from a LaserBee USB):
1st: Ryan's Lazerer TINY 150mW result 1 (700x578).jpg
2nd: Ryan's Lazerer TINY 150mW result 2 (700x580).jpg
3rd: Ryan's Lazerer TINY 150mW result 3 (700x580).jpg
4th: Ryan's Lazerer TINY 150mW result 4 (700x580).jpg
*Each done after a full charge
So, I'm metering a stable max of 122mW, and my powercert says 143mW. Hmm, that's quite upsetting... though no doubt 124mW is still a pretty damn bright laser.

First Impressions:
33z30oz.jpg

Shopping experience was easy and no hassle: just select product and purchase. Shipping process was lengthy: ordered Feb. 19, shipping notice Feb. 29, arrived Mar. 8. That's a total 18 days shipping process with an 8 day shipping time (to Waterloo, Canada). Package came in a bubble-wrapped letter marked "Gift" and undervalued to ~$30.

The Laser:
9a0qqx.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

The beam is very bright & visible at night, you can see the dot on hovering clouds and easily on objects >1.5km away.
**EDIT: Pictures added!

Cons:
Lazerer's power certificate has exaggerated readings over ~20mW. Or, laser's power output dropped ~20mW. Or, battery deteriorated rapidly (highly unlikely).
Either way, I find it unacceptable because Lazerer guaranteed minimum "130mW~150mW+" on their product page, and I'm only receiving 122mW max consistently now (after only minutes of total use).

Overall:
I rate Lazerer 7.5/10 for a well-made product that works as its meant to. Although the build feels solid and the beam is nice, I'm a bit bummed out that the laser is underspec'd below my power certificate and furthermore, below the minimum power guarantee.

Last edited:

ped

The same one all the Chinese sites were selling..
I had two, one was about 70mW with the worst divergence you've ever seen ( I notice you havent mentioned the divergence?) and the other one lasted about 5 mins, literally, before the pump LED'd.

This shouldn't be the same as "other Chinese sites", because I'm quite sure Lazerer makes these using the green modules they're selling.

The divergence is not bad at all. <1mm coming out of the laser and maintains pretty thin over large distances. I hit a building 1.5km away and the dot covered an area of ~0.75 meter squared.

Last edited:
What were the results with an IR filter?

The power cert says I have 23-26mW of IR, so ~120mW of visible light. This would make sense seeing that I only get about 122mW max metering with my LaserBee. But I don't think Lazerer has a IR filter on these TINY pens. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
The power cert says I have 23-26mW of IR, so ~120mW of visible light. This would make sense seeing that I only get about 122mW max metering with my LaserBee. But I don't think Lazerer has a IR filter on these TINY pens. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's still pretty good for such a cheap laser. What's the duty cycle like?

Last edited:
i was tempted to get this but after having a 50mw with the same host, i felt it was unsafe and turned it on just by putting it down

isn't the button too sensetive for you?

i was tempted to get this but after having a 50mw with the same host, i felt it was unsafe and turned it on just by putting it down

isn't the button too sensetive for you?

Haha, no the button is just fine for me. Not too sensitive, not too stiff. But it definitely doesn't turn on accidentally in my pocket :)

I had two of these so far. Both the 100mW version. I didn't see a point in paying extra for the ~50mW.

The first one lasted through about three months of use (and some abuse:p), probably several hours in total. The button was actually quite firm. In LPMing it, I got slightly lower results with the stock battery the way it came, but slightly higher with a different, charged to 4.2V battery.

Never bothered to meter the second laser, but seems to be about the same as the old one. For what they are, imo they are pretty good.

Also just FYI lazerer is apparently starting to use a new supplier for these. I have two on order and if there is interest will put up a mini review.

Last edited:
I had two of these so far. Both the 100mW version. I didn't see a point in paying extra for the ~50mW.

The first one lasted through about three months of use (and some abuse:p), probably several hours in total. The button was actually quite firm. In LPMing it, I got slightly lower results with the stock battery the way it came, but slightly higher with a different, charged to 4.2V battery.

Never bothered to meter the second laser, but seems to be about the same as the old one. For what they are, imo they are pretty good.

Also just FYI lazerer is apparently starting to use a new supplier for these. I have two on order and if there is interest will put up a mini review.

I will appreciate a review on this!

:thanks:

same! I want to see some done for the sake of science.

My tiny 100mW is still alive. Mod Hopping after a couple of months. Some abuse to it of course. But it still lases pretty bright green at night. :yh: