Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Jetlasers Custom 1W 532nm handheld **New Host Design**

Podo

Greetings, this is Podo. Today I'm gonna do a quick review for the 1W custom 532nm handheld which I reveived from Jetlasers lately. It is a well-known brand so I won't go to deeper details.

After I sold my jetlasers greenie, the emptiness without the 532nm beam was a struggle to me and at the same time, jetlasers released their new host design for the PL-E Pro series so I talked to one of their technician which I knew long ago and asked her if she could personally make me a greenie with better divergence as much as stability. Although custom requests are unlikely to take for branded laser but she agreed due to our relationship.

Finally, after a long wait, the sturdy feeling from the jetlasers's host come back again with new shade and key lock function.

I am impressed even not yet turned the laser on but there is a little con for the new design, it is 15mm longer than the old design.

Mode hopping does happens in the first 15 seconds but only slightly and the dot is mostly clean to me too.

The divergence is great <1.3(normally ple pro greenie is around 1.5~1.7 mrad) and the first 3 minutes output is around 1.1W before overheating, finally a green handheld which able to fulfil my divergence and output requirements. I was able to set off matches from 7 meters without beam expander.:D

Something to notice, It's a cold start laser which mean the output was tuned under cold temperature environment. May not perform that well in summer and high temperature which easier to cause overheat and lead to losses in output and resulting instability. My case for now is after 3 minutes of using, the output would drop to 8XXmw and lower if I don't turn it off.
(normally is warm start settings, like the one I sold and what they selling now which only perform its best under room temperature).

Let the photos speak:

DSC_0001_zpsa8vhbbnw.jpg

DSC_0004_zpszb2xlnl1.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsalejw1pd.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsoaetav3t.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsfi5lrlzq.jpg

DSC_0009_zps5olj0ue6.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsv2ilskug.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsfpuomxvs.jpg

DSC_0022_zpswxgpwn64.jpg

DSC_0015_zpstqxjxtiw.jpg

Battery used during the output test:
DSC_0014_zpsynsmirhh.jpg

Beam and dot:

DSC_0024_zpsk6lmpzog.jpg

DSC_0025_zpsxunjuvyo.jpg

Output after 90s of running:
DSC_0026_zpsy4pfbr5z.jpg

Peak from the first 20 second:
DSC_0027_zpshh3shao8.jpg

With my x10 beam expander, the beam seems able to travel to the deep space and it was awesome last night I pointed to a mountain at 5 miles away and I still able to catch the light hitting it.

That's about all of it. I'd love to keep this greenie for myself. Amazing low divegence together with great power as the one and only addition.

Last edited:

Wow custom built, thats a cool host and looks like a powerful laser Podo.

Stunning, 1.3W of 532 is truly something exceptional in your collection. Awesome pictures as well :)

+rep

-Alex

Nice laser, and i deff need a tailcap like that!

Who do i contact to have a tailcap like that :D

Last edited:

Encap

Nice laser. Output is amazing!

New updated PL-E host looks very well made and is great looking as is typical of all the high quality JetLasers products.

Last edited:
the new tailcaps/tubes do not fit the old model pros, the threading is different