Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Atlas Nova True Green Laser Pointer

Dave

This standard issue leadlight is anything but standard! Right out of the box with new e2's it put out 13.5mw at 450ma. Like virtually all leadlights sold these days, it has a pot mod hole pre-drilled. Mine had not been turned all the way up, it went as high as 15mw at 540ma, before reaching the limit and shutting down. I turned it back to it's original state and proceeded with a stage II modification. This is a great way to get more power from a leadlight and this one was no exception. I was able to get 19.5 peak out of mine.

For more info on this great mod, go to green pointer forums If you haven't had much experience soldering, you're in for a hell of a soldering experience when you do this mod. Many leadlights bravely gave their lives before I became able to pull off this mod successfully!

Bottom line: At $47.95 shipped, this possibly one of the best laser values available.

T

timelord

Glad you read your PM Dave ::) Thank you for your cooperation :)

bledis

Dave said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1197166662/0#1 date=1197166982]Glad you read your PM Dave ::) Thank you for your cooperation :)

You're welcome. What is my PM?[/quote]
PM = Private message ;)

drlava

450mA out of the box to 550mA modded? The pump diodes in these little guys shouldn't take much more than 300mA max! And as far as efficiency, that pump is putting out at least 400mW at that current and you're getting 20mW peak? That's a conversion efficiency of 5%, much lower than standard 12%.
I think the 'leadlight' age is over, it's the DX new-wish age for value now it seems.

Rhith

I really like the informative post you linked too. I'm curious to see some pictures of your laser though. ;D