Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review - 405nm Violet Laser Pointer 5mw (Wlaser - Ebay)

405nm Violet Laser Pointer 5mw $8.53 (free shipping) (Wlaser - Ebay)

Blue Purple Violate Laser Pointer USTOP Signal&Fun SALE - eBay (item 270653714860 end time Nov-22-10 21:40:46 PST)

Came bubble-wrapped in mailing envelope, uses 2 AAA Batteries, not included, (but that's no big deal).

I am VERY pleased with this laser, while it is understood that violet can not be seen as easily as green so don't expect to see a violet beam as easily as with green lasers, nevertheless I can still manage to see the beam at night in the dark, just obviously not as good as the green of course. The violet 405nm has other pluses though that make up for the beam not being seen as easily, like it's ability to make some objects really glow, like fluorescent yellow tennis balls and some other fluorscent colored things, ect. and it can really quickly charge up stuff that glows in the dark, like glow in the dark paint, ect.

Also, Bin Yu of Wlaser was very quick and helpful to answer emails with questions I had and was VERY quick to ship the laser, it shipped out the next day after I ordered it and I got it just 5 days after ordering !

Very good quality product, well worth the amazingly low price, and very quick helpful responses to emails !

(I'll see about adding photos later if I can get any of my inexpensive cameras to take beam shots, or at least of the spot it makes if my cameras are not good enough to capture the violet beam, (which is understandingly harder to see than green).

Date ordered: 11-07-10
Date received: 11-12-10
Number of days from ordering to receiving: 5 days

Bin Yu is the name on the package that I got from either laseryork or itemquicksip. Either way they all came from the same exact apartment address in Baton Rouge, LA. I wonder how many different Ebay seller names he has?

You need to shine it on a uranium marble Astro. Cracked ones are better if you can find them.

marbles-1.jpg

marbles-2.jpg

Bin Yu is the name on the package that I got from either laseryork or itemquicksip. Either way they all came from the same exact apartment address in Baton Rouge, LA. I wonder how many different Ebay seller names he has?

I remember someone else mentioning that elsewhere, maybe it somehow increases his chances of coming up in a search and helps him get more customers ? :thinking:

The important thing is that he is known for selling good lasers at a low price and good customer service in replying to emails quickly.

You need to shine it on a uranium marble Astro. Cracked ones are better if you can find them.

marbles-1.jpg

marbles-2.jpg

Thanks for the idea ! :thanks:

I have a small jar of "glow in the dark" paint as well as a piece of plastic that glows in the dark and the 405nm Violet really charges it up fast !

I'll have to see about getting some pictures posted when I have a chance to see which of my inexpensive digital cameras works best at such photos.

(+Rep to you for the neat photo set !)

Thanks. The cracked ones shoot out beams of the laser in different directions. Its quite the site.