Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review - >400mW DINODIRECT 808nm laser

DJNY

What are you using to get a total of 5V, a 14500 + a AA primary together?

NM: I see that's is indeed what you did. (Well AAA, instead of AA)

How bright is the indicator light?

I used 1x 1.5V AAA + 1x 3.6V 10440

The indicator light is AS BRIGHT AS IT SHOULD BE! You´ll easily notice when it´s on, but it won´t blind you like the LED of a few other hosts around.

Very Nice buy and Review. Ive never seen that host before. As well as an 808nm laser on a site like DD.:)

With the 10440 cell i was shocked to see the power of it. Iam wondering what Rated diode the actually are using 300mW.? No Way. 500mW.? Could be 1W .? Who knows.

I really like this laser for the key feature on the back. This is a great add on and i think a must have on any IR type laser.

:gj:

+

Thank you for your kind words! I may ask DINO if they could tell me if it is rated as 1W, would be awesome. BTW, I always use the AAA+10440 combination now. The problems at all after about 20minutes of use!

Last edited:

Machro

I never dealed with ir before so this might be a noon question but is the dot a littlt bit visible ?

I used 1x 1.5V AAA + 1x 3.6V 10440

The indicator light is AS BRIGHT AS IT SHOULD BE! You´ll easily notice when it´s on, but it won´t blind you like the LED of a few other hosts around.

Perfect. Thanks for the photo. I was afraid it would be over powering. I went ahead and ordered one and a 60mw green in the same host. (Both power certified) I've never ordered from DinoDirect before, so I guess this will be my test.

Now I'm on the hunt for some affordable safety glasses that will ship from the US.

Last edited:
If you do make contact with them. Ask them what the driver voltage input is. Is it possible to look down the tube of the laser and see the driver.?:)

Iam very curious as well to hear what they say. This is a steel for the price.:D

Last edited: