Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Returning with intelligence.

I joined this forum back in 2010 for a brief time. Completely fascinated with laser pointers my whole life. But I was younger and just realized I could get a laser powerful enough to do damage.

I understood the potential damage I could cause and was not stupid for the most part. I looked around, did a bit of reading but ultimately jumped head first ready to empty my pockets buying these lasers.

My mind was entirely set on how cool they were without caring how they worked, just that they did.

I purchased some run of the mill cheapos from sites like rayfoss which now seem to be a crap shoot of a source.

So I'm back now and much more interested in learning how they work and hopefully I can build my own. I just purchased a laser from a member here and will do a review once I've received it.

For now I just want to get back In the swing of things armed with more experience and understanding and a desire to actually learn from this community. Looking forward to getting acclimated and really making it a hobby.

Last edited:

Welcome back. Oh man I remember rayfoss, the name alone gives me nostalgia. They were popular when I was just getting into the hobby.

Welcome back. Oh man I remember rayfoss, the name alone gives me nostalgia. They were popular when I was just getting into the hobby.
Right, I also went to O-like and it looks like they aren't runing anymore. I remember my first purchase from rayfoss I got an open can red laser and told them it wasn't working and that it was missing a diode because I didn't know whatvopen can diodes looked like. They sent me a new one before I'd even sent the original back. But less than 2 years ago I purchased another not knowing if they were still reputable. And I had significant power drop and sent it back and never got another in return. So no more rayfoss lol

Welcome back to the forum! Can't wait for the review. ;)

Last edited: