Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Returning after years. Need help finding things again.

gksudo

Hello all! Sadly my last account was hooked to an email I no longer have...

Anyway, I used to come here a lot and make lasers 4 years ago, for my own purposes. I moved houses and now have a full electronics work desk for the first time, and wish to get into laser making again.

-------------------
EDIT:

A Flashlight which runs a CR123A(battery 3.7v) power source, and contains circuitry which can run a laser diode, preferably one that needs to electrical modification. I had made a dorcy jr laser before, which worked fine. I also need it to power a diode 500mw or higher. ideas?

cheap aixiz housing(with best lens possible)

500mw blue or red laser diode or stronger

thats pretty much it ;) Last I was here, I made that "how to make a laser diode driver" video on youtube. I plan on, down the road, making a much better and more detailed video of the start to finish process of putting together the driver and such. Think you all can help me get back into it? Just need to know where all these parts are.

Thanks!

Last edited:

so i think we need some more information to answer your question

what type driver would you like, boost, buck etc?

what wavelength diode are you wanting?

and there called aixiz modules:D tons of places sell them Modwerx Shop

gksudo

need a driver circuit that will work with 1 CR123A rechargeable lithium. Unsure of what type. Those are 3.7v rechargeables.

Any kind of wavelength, except infrared. 200mw or higher. I'd like to find the lowest price possible.

EDIT:

Prices doesn't matter to me. cheapest if possible

Last edited:
were you here before as gksudo? anyhow-- welcome back- you got a lot of reading and catching up to do.
for 200mWs your choices are 6X/10X 405 diode- Loc or LLC (edit) or 826 for reds and of course for a little more you might want to go with the new blue on the block the 445nm.

if your limit of 35$ is set for all the parts--good luck. imo you are not being realistic.

PM me if I can be of help

Len

Last edited:
Flex drive from modwerx
And lpc-826 from the same place aixizbmodule from there and get a better lens from qumefox

Last edited:

Things

If you really want to get in with the new technology, 445 is the way to go :)

Over 1W of blue for under $60!

gksudo

If you really want to get in with the new technology, 445 is the way to go :)

Over 1W of blue for under $60!

Hmm. Thats blue-er than those blu-ray ones right? Back when I was here, Known as Phazonx, all we had were reds(for cheap anyway)and a few blu-ray burners, and someone was selling the reds for 25 each. I can spend much more if needed for something as amazing as 1w of blue!!

Look up at the first post, I'm editing it.

Things

Yep, I was around back before blu-ray existed, and surprisingly, I haven't got a working 405nm laser! 445nm is sort of like blu-ray, however much easier to focus on and more of a royal blue colour.

Last edited:

gksudo

Yep, I was around back before blu-ray existed, and surprisingly, I haven't got a working 405nm laser! 445nm is sort of like blu-ray, however much easier to focus on and more of a royal blue colour.

I saw some pictures... I'm REALLY excited. :D ok. where do I start? first I need to find those diodes. Possibly pre-installed(into an aixiz)? Can I put it into one of those cool dorcy lights? or is there a better one? I need ungodly laser power :D

Last edited:
see i the tut section many photo heavy step by step builds by DTR. take your pick.
that is if you are serious about DYI..