Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Retard Police officer shines 30mW laser in my eye.

ixfd64

Re: Retard Police officer shines 30mW laser in my

This is why if I ever let another person use my laser, I would give them a safety lecture and make sure they understand it before I hand them the laser.

"hey villageidiot can i play with your -"
"no touch."
"but i just wanna - "
"NO TOUCH"
"...ok"

i only let my friends use my "Safe" Lasers. Like my >5mw cat pointer. if its safe for cats,then it truly must be safe on humans ;D

Folder

You got absolutely massacred. Wow, that police officer is a legend, wish there were more like them. Also, don't bother 'sueing' as you'll just look stupid. Police have unions and all stick up for each other. NOTHING will come of it.

Last edited:

Folder

Seriously, though, I don't think the police officer is a retard. He heard that a silly teen had been messing with people and shining it in their eyes with a green laser. Granted, he should have checked out the story first, but I guess he figured that someone wouldn't call the police if it wasn't at least mildly serious. And can we really believe the OP that much? I highly doubt he was 'just shining at his feet'. And again, everyone saying 'I'd sue' or 'sue', have you any idea of the practicality of that? Seriously, get real guys.

Folder, I know you've got a flourishing interest in this, especially safety matters.

But please, for the love of God, please, don't go posting in two year old threads.

Posting in old, dead threads is frowned upon here, especially if you have nothing to add.

I don't think you really want to know my opinion but as a pushy, opinionated bastage you are going to hear it. You are both freakin' idiots. Let me extrapolate on my contention.

1) You are in possession of, and recklessly operating a Class IIIb laser system without a single FDA required safety system. Furthermore, you have knowingly participated in a felony by importing said Class IIIb laser system into the United States under false pretenses. Knowingly receiving a laser system shipped as a light device with a false harmonized tariff code is a felony. Even if you did not knowingly participate you may still have culpability.

2) Outside is no place for laser systems. When laser systems are operated outside, they are in full accordance with FDA and FAA regulation regarding over the horizon operation, field of fire, and beamstop/cleared airspace. Just like firing a weapon, you are responsible for where that beam terminates.

3) What the police officer did was reckless. However, the officer has no reason to believe the laser system is more powerful than a commonly available <5mW Class IIIa system. The officer arrived on a nuisance call not a brandishing a weapon call. Having knowledge of the true power of the laser may turn your learning experience into a full on prosecution if you press the issue.

4) Because you apparently have a need for the coolness factor you are risking the ability of all hobbyists to own systems. It only takes one court case to set precedence. With precedence in hand any lawmaker can use the case as justification to restrict ownership. This is not a second amendment right. Don't expect the NRA to come flocking to your aid to defend your right to shine lasers at people. Just like driving, owning a laser system is a privilege not a right. Think before you act. If you can't operate laser systems safely you have no business owning them.

5) I understand the laser is only a 30mW laser but that makes no difference. It is still a Class IIIb system. That is how the FDA will see it as well as the attorneys prosecuting an ownership case. The analogy could be made that there is no difference if you shoot someone with a .45 caliber or a .22 caliber, the result is the same; someone is shot.

Every time someone does something like this it's another nail in the coffin for the hobbyist. If you don't think the FDA has been watching the events in Australia you are wrong.

1) He is 15? I don't see him getting prosecuted for importing a laser as a minor.

2) Weird that you are telling people where they should use their lasers.

3) Does it matter what the officer believes the power of the laser to be? This is just another example of cops doing their god complex. He shouldn't have shined a weapon into a minors eyes... PERIOD. If the tables were turned and he shined it at the cop I am sure he would have arrested, but its ok for the cop to shine it into the minors eyes..

4) Right versus privilege. I still don't need a license to buy a 30-06 rifle from my local gun store. BTW, those really do kill. I guess it only takes a few hundred hunting accidents before they regulate my rifles.

5) I agree, however the minor didn't intentionally shine it in someones eyes. The cop did. Doesn't matter what power the cop thought it was..

Don't let these people browbeat you into not prosecuting this pig because they don't want their hobby regulated. Thats pretty shallow. File a police report. Talk to an attorney. Have your friends go to the station and fill out police reports. Get this pig fired, he doesn't deserve to be a cop if he goes around molesting minors.

Its not illegal to use a high powered laser without FDA safety measures, its just illegal to import it. Do the right thing and don't tell anyone that you imported it. If they ask refuse to answer the question, its your right not to incriminate yourself.

@ Thengine... Steve001.... 1Nick.... Folder

Man... Like the other members posted...
Ya needs ta reads the Date of the Post you are replying
to...
Frothy had left the Forum since then... and he posted that
over 2 years ago...:beer:

Jerry

@ Thengine... Steve001.... 1Nick.... Folder

Man... Like the other members posted...
Ya needs ta reads the Date of the Post you are replying
to...
Frothy had left the Forum since then... and he posted that
over 2 years ago...:beer:

Jerry

Oh, I thought Frothy was back, saw him post a couple of times.

You guys don't like discussing old threads? Didn't know that was a no-no :eek:

N/P..... ;)

Frothy comes back once in a while to clarify statements in his Laser Safety
Glasses Threads...

Jerry