Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Retard Police officer shines 30mW laser in my eye.

Re: Retard Police officer shines 30mW laser in my

Ace82 said:
You know I respect you.  You are very intelligent.  However, your post seems based on assumption and to your own interests.  My advice is based off of my personal experiences, wisdom with age, and learning from studies. I have a personal lawyer of my own, I’ve been arrested a few times, and I know the fundamentals of how the superior court system works.  I understand the politics involved and I even study physiology which is the basics of human nature.  I have family in law enforcement and in the D.A.’s office.  I just speak for myself when I say my “advice” is advice.  Heck, I’m not even trying to defend the reputaton of laser hobbiest, I’m only trying to shead light (truth) to the situation so that L4sers can move on and know that this world is very cruel and unfair, and to accept it, and to be more careful in the future.  That is key when trying to grow, accepting the truth for what it is.  

Thanks, but afaik I do not assume anything (at least I try not to). And I do not see how a crime report filed by a person I don't know against a police officer I don't know in a country I never visited could be in my own interest... like you I'm trying to give the best objective advice I can. :)

I never stated that filing a crime report will have guaranteed effect. But you won't know until you tried that or at least spoke with a legal expert. Your personal legal experiences may be an indicator for potential success, but nothing more. Like I said, I do not know the US legal system let alone have personal experience with it, so your assessment is likely to be more accurate than mine. But it's still nothing more then speculation to say that filing a crime report in this case probably won't help and even may damage the reputation of lasers and laser hobbyists. Could be true, could be false. A lawyer can probably make a far better assessment then we all together can (any lawyers around, maybe?), so seeing one is the best advice I can think of.

It would be interesting if any members of this forum were police officers or lawyers. They would probably have some good info to add to this discussion.

L4sers said:
Im 15 he wouldnt arrest me... And are you stupid? Shine laser in my eye, than arrest me?  You obviously didnt read the part where he did it purposely in my eye.

Ok, here it is in simple terms. You are 15, doesn't matter. They can still arrest you anyway. Hopefully they don't break reall hard when your in the back of the car as to smash your face into the glass for their entertainment. The difference is that they really can't hold you for long without extreme charges, they will have your parents/guardian come pick you up at the station.

Your chance of winning this case are 0.0000001%, and with millions of dollars, 0.001%. You will have to spend money for a special eye doctor to claim your retina is damaged, and probably multipul doctors as well. The law works off of FACTS that can be PROVEN.

And yes, the % chance is my openion only.

Razako said:
It would be interesting if any members of this forum were police officers or lawyers.  They would probably have some good info to add to this discussion.

Lol I bet every person here is a cop, thats why they're defending the police.

Whatever Im done arguing, gonna go play some lacrosse now, cya later people.

Razako said:
It would be interesting if any members of this forum were police officers or lawyers.  They would probably have some good info to add to this discussion.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.  I have learned quite a bit through experience (which I believe is the best way to learn).  My thoughts are pretty much conditioned in these politics as it has become like second nature.  I bet my advice is pretty accurate to the truth.  You bring a cop here, you will find nothing but bias opinions (maybe retired would be better).  My private investigator is a X-cop, and lots of my knowledge has come from him as well.  He tends to view both sides and admits that cops can be real A holes from time to time.  

Edit: Police are not my enemy, only through fear of taunt do I make such a claim.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this thread.  I've said all I think can help.  Peace - Ace.

You are lucky you haven't received any damage. to your eyes

I would file some kind of report to let the cop know what he did was very stupid and he's lucky he didn't cause any damage to your eyes.

In Canada shinning a laser in someones eyes is considered assult. If this cop could have done anything, he probably would have. So in his last resort to get his point across he assulted you! It wasnt a punch, but it might as well been. This is for your parents to deal with from here, and the council of a good lawyer. It may also not be a bad idea to use the local newspaper if you cant get anywhere with the cops. See an eye doctor, and take appropriate steps to build your case, should you choose to do so.
But before dropping the hammer, I would seek legal advice, as the cops are known to bite back when cornered, and things could get ugly. The fact that they didnt charge you with anything on the night in question only helps your side.

wannaburn said:
In Canada shinning a laser in someones eyes is considered assult. If this cop could have done anything, he probably would have. So in his last resort to get his point across he assulted you! It wasnt a punch, but it might as well been. This is for your parents to deal with from here, and the council of a good lawyer. It may also not be a bad idea to use the local newspaper if you cant get anywhere with the cops. See an eye doctor, and take appropriate steps to build your case, should you choose to do so.
But before dropping the hammer, I would seek legal advice, as the cops are known to bite back when cornered, and things could get ugly. The fact that they didnt charge you with anything on the night in question only helps your side.
That's in Canada. Cops in the US are an entirely different story.

Razako said:
[quote author=wannaburn link=1214274953/96#103 date=1214349038]In Canada shinning a laser in someones eyes is considered assult. If this cop could have done anything, he probably would have. So in his last resort to get his point across he assulted you! It wasnt a punch, but it might as well been. This is for your parents to deal with from here, and the council of a good lawyer. It may also not be a bad idea to use the local newspaper if you cant get anywhere with the cops. See an eye doctor, and take appropriate steps to build your case, should you choose to do so.
That's in Canada.  Cops in the US are an entirely different story.[/quote]

What do you mean ? Cops are just as assholes in Canada as in the US.

I haven't read through this whole thread, so just me $0.02:

If you got eye damage from the cop, you'd have a case. But you didn't. And since lasers are pseudo-legal anyway, you should only drag cops in to it if you're positive you can get something out of it.

Razako said:
[quote author=wannaburn link=1214274953/96#103 date=1214349038]In Canada shinning a laser in someones eyes is considered assult. If this cop could have done anything, he probably would have. So in his last resort to get his point across he assulted you! It wasnt a punch, but it might as well been. This is for your parents to deal with from here, and the council of a good lawyer. It may also not be a bad idea to use the local newspaper if you cant get anywhere with the cops. See an eye doctor, and take appropriate steps to build your case, should you choose to do so.
That's in Canada.  Cops in the US are an entirely different story.[/quote]

I realize that, but over there the penalties are much stiffer for shinning at planes etc. Here I think you have to stand facing the corner :o

In any civil location from what I know, the definition of assault is inflicting physical pain on another. I would imagine that 30mW of green would cause pain, not to mention the possible psychological effects on a minor, seeing the involved was a person of authority. Don’t you guys sue each other as a right to passage over there? (JK). Either way its idiots like that cop that taze old ladies, and pull over cars for speeding when there is a person dying in the car. You the people have the right to challenge these authorities, and when you don’t, you only empower them more. Did this cop even look at the pointer to see its class? I could understand if it was a cheap red keychain, and he made the assumption, but a DX 30 feels pretty beefy and anyone with some intelligence would think twice before doing something like this.  You cant treat a kid like an adult, when they are still trying to become one, and possibly damage his sight weather he was goofing around or not.

There are plenty of lawyers that will pro-bono a case like this for the exposure, but it’s up to his parents to pursue. If it was my kid, id be in jail and the cops teeth would be in an evidence bag.

wannaburn said:
[quote author=Razako link=1214274953/96#104 date=1214349914][quote author=wannaburn link=1214274953/96#103 date=1214349038]In Canada shinning a laser in someones eyes is considered assult. If this cop could have done anything, he probably would have. So in his last resort to get his point across he assulted you! It wasnt a punch, but it might as well been. This is for your parents to deal with from here, and the council of a good lawyer. It may also not be a bad idea to use the local newspaper if you cant get anywhere with the cops. See an eye doctor, and take appropriate steps to build your case, should you choose to do so.
That's in Canada. Cops in the US are an entirely different story.[/quote]

I realize that, but over there the penalties are much stiffer for shinning at planes etc. Here I think you have to stand facing the corner :o

In any civil location from what I know, the definition of assault is inflicting physical pain on another. I would imagine that 30mW of green would cause pain, not to mention the possible psychological effects on a minor, seeing the involved was a person of authority. Don’t you guys sue each other as a right to passage over there? (JK). Either way its idiots like that cop than taze old ladies, and pull over cars for speeding when there is a person dying in the car. You the people have the right to challenge these authorities, and when you don’t, you only empower them more. Did this cop even look at the pointer to see its class? I could understand if it was a cheap red keychain, and he made the assumption, but a DX 30 feels pretty beefy and anyone with some intelligence would think twice before doing something like this. You cant treat a kid like an adult, when they are still trying to become one, and possibly damage his sight weather he was goofing around or not.

There are plenty of lawyers that will pro-bono a case like this for the exposure, but it’s up to his parents to pursue. If it was my kid, id be in jail and the cops teeth would be in an evidence bag.
[/quote]
The thing is, i don't think it has the shock value that lawyers would want... It is not 5 cops beating an old lady... it doesn't have that HOLY !^#@$ LOOK AT THOSE BASTARDS unless you know enough about lasers. Which the general public and most lawyers don't... So i personally do not think that the case would get the huge exposure you talked about because the public doesn't relize the gravity of the situation and also there is no damage to get the shock value... Its all, it could of happened and it might have caused... I personally don't see how much could be accomplished since he was breaking the law anyways and no lasting harm was done to get sympathy off of... but that is just my opinion...

I would pursue it only on the ground of what is right and not for finacial gain. If you have a kid who throws an egg at a passing bus, does that give a cop the right to whip an egg at the kid? They are public servants, and when dealing with kids they are bound to the rules. I know if it was my family, I would not drop it easily. These kinds of things happen every day and this is why you never hear of them. If you dont do anything, nothing will ever get done. There is a justice system in place for a reason, if the cop felt he was breaking the law, than the appropriate steps should have been taken. If I were in his shoes id take the community service hrs from a judge rather than an intentional shot in the eye by a cop thinking he's judge and jury. There cant be any definative idea of the seriousness of damage to his eye, which is why an eye doctor would be the first step. As I said before, a trip to the eye doctor, followed by a visit with a lawyer and take it from there.

wannaburn said:
I would pursue it only on the ground of what is right and not for finacial gain. If you have a kid who throws an egg at a passing bus, does that give a cop the right to whip an egg at the kid? They are public servants, and when dealing with kids they are bound to the rules. I know if it was my family, I would not drop it easily. These kinds of things happen every day and this is why you never hear of them. If you dont do anything, nothing will ever get done. There is a justice system in place for a reason, if the cop felt he was breaking the law, than the appropriate steps should have been taken. If I were in his shoes id take the community service hrs from a judge rather than an intentional shot in the eye by a cop thinking he's judge and jury. There cant be any definative idea of the seriousness of damage to his eye, which is why an eye doctor would be the first step. As I said before, a trip to the eye doctor, followed by a visit with a lawyer and take it from there.

Eye doctor asks "How did you damage your eye?"

"Well... a police officer lasered me"

"OMG your the kid who I called 911 on!!"

Here's another problem. Even if you go to an eye doctor and he finds damage how will you prove that it was caused by the officer? You could have accidentally hit yourself in the eye plenty of times. Unless you have a tape showing exactly what happened you will have no luck pursuing this further and it will be a waste of your time and money.

L4sers said:
Maybe I shouldn't have posted this on a laser forum and instead went somewhere else.

"a laser forum".. :-?.."A LASER FORUM!"... >:(.... :'(...This is:

LPF

DUDE! :P

Back