Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[RESOLVED] Forum time messed up.

garbage thread

Unless there's something I'm missing, I can't hard-deleted posts. Instead of soft deleting all the useless banter posts and having "post deleted by ep" for every message, moving them here makes them disappear. If this thread gets too "full" it can be pruned.

Last edited:

Please re-name deleted spam threads

Hi team,

As you guys have seen I'm going through and pruning all deleted threads so they're gone completely, the problem is, all spam threads that aren't titled as "deleted" need re-naming. This is because under the mod control panel there is a section called "prune threads" and in order to get rid of all spam threads they have to have something in common, and that would be the title. This is very time consuming as you might imagine. :p

I would kindly ask that you guys take a second to re-name the spam thread(s) in question to "deleted", as you're deleting them. That way when the forum becomes too filled with garbage it will be a lot easier to take out the trash.

Until another option becomes available this is the best thing I can think of. :beer:

Keep up the work guys, everyone appreciates it. :D

-Sean

EDIT: make sure if you guys try this to select the "thread state - deleted" option. I doubt there will be any active threads named "deleted" but better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Does anyone know what is happening here.
I've noticed it a few times amongst different threads and it's rather confusing. Even more so with the Ban information thread i've found.
Some posts that are obviously in time order have their times before the last post. :thinking:

Has anyone else come across this?
Apologies for the image size, I didn't have time to much around with resizing.

2018-07-04.png

Last edited:
Re: Forum time messed up.

I’m not helping with this remark much, but I’ve never noticed this happening before, I suppose if a thread is merged together it might happen, but not sure even then, perhaps not.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Re: Forum time messed up.

It's ok, I've just worked it out. The forum has a bad and confusing 12 hour clock. My post was at 11:08 and Benm's post was at 00:42 at early hours in the morning.

diachi

Isn't that normally how 12 hour clocks work? :thinking:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It’s probably because I only use digital formats in 24 hour. Anyway, just having a moment it seems.

@ Curtis... Going to the Thread...
I see Benm/s time stamp as: Yesterday 07:42 PM
and your next Post time stamp as" Today 06:08 AM

I'm on EST Time if that helps..:)

Jerry

Last edited:
Yeah, I haven't noticed this either from my side. I am on PST, so I am 3 hours behind lasersbee.