Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reputation of Various Laser Companies

Alright guys, after reading a lot on companies, I have decided to compile various companies together and put them into ONE thread so that both new and veteran members can keep track of whats up and down, based on the opinions and viewpoints of the general laser community. Ill try decently hard to keep track of where this thread is headed, as in our time, things are always in flux. Ill try to Update this thread every week or so depending on how busy I get. LPF is bookmarked for me... :beer: I mean, I still am a student in school.

I will add more companies as this year goes along, I have not looked upon every company... yet. Each blurb that describes a company is WHAT I have known so far. I will continuously read and edit forum posts to make this as useful as possible.

I would also like to note that I am a relatively seasoned member of this forum for quite a while, but I usually do research until now, where I start paying back to the community and posting things I know. Open to opinions!

Alright then. Keep me updated lads by posting YOUR thoughts in this thread.
Ill start off with companies I know fairly well and their reputation as a whole, also considering other members imput. Ill keep adding companies when I get more ideas from other people. Trolls, minors, idiots :na: out of here please.

Reputation of Various Laser Companies
Updated 9-8-11

Aixiz Lasers
Probably the company that is the most well known in all of laser communities for their Aixiz housings in laser module building. Considerably good workmanship on many of their lab lasers, low or high power. Also sells glass AR coated lenses that can be suitable for higher power portable laser builds. Good customer service according to a variety of members. I strongly recommend buying not only parts, but some of their lasers from this company.

CNI Lasers

An extremely good laser manufacturing company, they also advertise here on the forums. They produce very high quality lasers that range from DPSS to diode-only laser systems, available in lab lasers and pointers. China-based company that sells modules to other companies, but you must email to have a quote on purchasing a laser. A very specific and wide spectrum of colors in DPSS. Recommended, but may be a bit pricey, small degree of uncertainty. Accurate LPMing on most of their lasers, although several shipped units were inoperable upon arrival.

DealExtreme
Generally known as a well rounded laser site, only for buying low powered lasers. One of the cheapest laser selling sites with free shipping, even from China. Shipping time takes from 1.5 weeks in new 'nearby warehouses' to up to 2.5-3 weeks. US buyers cannot purchase any laser that is stronger than 5mW of output power. Also notable for selling fairly good medium capacity batteries, although they tend to be underspec, but thats okay. Does not sell laser safety glasses at an affordable price. Consistent in manufacturing. Generally recommended for members who are new to the LPF/laser community.

O-Like
Also another quality company, sells DIY modules, several complete lasers. Most lasers are LPM'd to a decent degree, may be off on the readings sometimes, but still reliable in stated power. Sells many different types of lasers ranging from 405nm-IR lasers. Very affordable safety devices also sold here covering all of its laser line. Reliable in some of its aspects. Recommended for more knowledgeable people, and requires a bit more knowledge on electronics to use modules and other tools they have there. Relatively nicely priced for buyers, for decent quality, however in recent times, the integrity of the company has been in slight doubt.

Wicked Lasers
Although one of the most famous companies in the laser community as a whole (not just LPF), it has a questionable reputation overall. The customer service is at times below average, however the forums are relatively active, and the lasers may be underspec from time to time. Older and lower power models such as the E series are significantly more reliable in terms of power ratings. The recent release of 1W lasers degraded its overall integrity as a company, specifically the Arctic and Krypton with some shipping issues and payment problems. May occasionally send out a lower quality laser with noticeable workmanship on some batches in manufacturing. Its FDA approval may still be in debate in LPF. Buying from Wicked may almost sometimes be a gamble whether or not you receive a laser that is on spec, although it is more likely that you will in the lower power ranges. Does not sell anything DIY, and may be a bit pricey.

Last edited:

Nice thread... a few things though.

While CNI does produce some amazing lasers members here have gotten DOA units. If you happen to be one of the unlucky few... well it's not cheap.

O-Like has been sliding both in quality and popularity lately. Quite a few people in the last several months have had lousy experiences with unusually long ship times, and underspec lasers.

Wicked Lasers
"The customer service is at times terrible, and the lasers may be underspec from time to time."

I'm sorry but now now I have to question you saying that you are well informed... Can you point to a single thread about an On Spec Arctic? Or Krypton? Or how about something regarding their service being anything other than absolute terrible.

Their lasers are also NOT FDA approved.

You also left out a whole bunch of other common companies...

Laserglow
Jetlasers
Rayfoss
Lazerer.com
DragonLasers
optotronics
viasho

Pretty sure I'm forgetting a few, but I'm :tired:

Edit... a bunch of yall inc clones also warehouse a lot of their products in the us... like gadgettown for example.

Last edited:
Thanks for the criticism. I've only read a bit on the Krypton though. Only 2-3 non LPF and Jayrob's review. He only got 730mW. Lazeerer has a few informative videos. Be aware that I'm only posting the companies I know, but when I can gather more info on the rest, Ill keep adding to this thread. Ill add to it now while I'm still on.

TuhOz

Has anyone ordered anything from "e-ville.com"?

Last edited:
I have ordered from ItemQuickShip (ledquickship now?) twice.

first was their #100 greenie. I got it quick (NY, US) and it was well packed.
after a few days, I noticed that it wasn't turning on reliably. I shot them out an email, and they were quick to respond, telling me that I should either; send it back for replacement or if I felt comfortable, I could investigate myself. It was just a loose "retaining ring" and I was able to fix it in 2 minutes.

then I ordered a 200mw module (the module that was posted here, perhaps a month ago). Again, it was shipped quick and packed well. This one worked briefly and then called it quits. I emailed them about it, and again, I got a same-day reply - please send back and we will replace.

I sent it out yesterday, so I will edit this post to reflect the outcome, but I do think that these fine folks will take good care...

I don't have a LPM so I can't comment to that end, but I can say their #100 burns plastic bags in 2 seconds, and gets thru black electrical tape in about 20 seconds.
The 200mw module was substantially brighter than the #100. the focus was also better and had less "ghosting" around the dot...

I also bought an analog labby 445nm 1000mw (shipped pre-set max. at 500mw) from Aixiz.

well packed, and shipped quickly.

When I got it, I noticed there were these 2 small strong magnets kinda stuck into the P/S fan. I put in a call, the woman I got on the line was very nice yet didn't have a clue about this particular issue... She immediately gave me Chuck's number. I called him and left a voice mail describing the issue. I had seen him spoken positively about here, so I figured I'd hear back quickly, but didn't. No big deal. I am sure if he heard I was having a real issue, he'd have gotten back to me.

I pulled the magnets out, and then thought that they may have been included to attach the modulation leads to a battery for testing. They work well for that. Everything else seems to work just fine, and this is a fine laser indeed. Even at 500mw (where I will likely keep it, as it's for a laser harp and since I'm not going out on an arena tour any time soon, 500mw is more than bright enough) this laser is awesomely bright, has as nice a dot as one can expect from a 445 and has virtually no splash around the dot.

I monitored it for over an hour with 4.5V on the mod input, the lab housing stayed slightly cool to the touch, and the laser just kept lasing marvelously...

And for $210 I think it's good deal, too. (again, no LPM so no comments about specs)

DinoDirect?
Skylasers?

And Wicked Lasers isn't that good, you need to go take a look around the forum first.

you have not done much research on this if you leave out AixiZ and JETLASERS.
While AixiZ does not make their lasers-JETL does. Both have extremely good customer support.

I have two AixiZ labbies -one just like GooGaul and a 532 they both have the same driver- I found no magnets- and I think they were there before AixiZ got them, while it is curious it can hardly be considered a con. I have seen bins at AixiZ holding these labbies and they are all well wrapped in bubble plastic and AFAIK come that way to AixiZ from the China makers. BTW I have metered both and they are overspec. I may be doing a GB on AixiZ analog labbies in the near future. There will not be a huge discount but I will test every one and provide a metering photo before each unit is shipped free.

The lady you spoke with was most likely Xia- aka Mrs Maricle aka Mrs AixiZ and yes she is extremly nice to deal with. It may also have been Dr Chuck's mom who also is great to meet and a very nice lady.

AixiZ is very much a family ran company located in Pearland TX (45 min from me!!!)and the original creators and sellers of the 'AixiZ Module' used extensively by DYI laserists- hundreds of thousands have been shipped worldwide from AixiZ in TX. On my last visit with Chuck I saw two newly arrived boxes each containing iirc 5,000 pieces.

AixiZ is a sponsor for SELEM in the form of many very nice donated doorprizes the last two years. If you like you can 'friend' Dr Chuck on FaceBook.

I will be meeting up with Chuck in the next few days and will ask about the magnets- his failure to respond was prolly due to the nature of your question and how busy he was ATM- his family and other activities takes presedence over AixiZ (a goood thing IMO).

I imagine he gets hundreds of PMs emails, and phone calls daily. While I am not an employee of AixiZ I AM a good frieind and am happy to field any questions any of you may have concerning AixiZ items.

The OP sounded like this was going to be about laser makers-- is it going to include sellers who are not the makers? What about our many talented builders here at LPF.

And if you are going to include dropshippers this is going to be a LONG LONG list for sure.

At JETLASERS you have Gray-(the worlds only maker of Titanium lasers made for the market)- he has set the bar very high for customer support and satisfaction, I am extemely proud to be associated with both AixiZ and JETLASERS.

hak

Last edited:
The lady you spoke with was most likely Xia- aka Mrs Maricle aka Mrs AixiZ and yes she is extremly nice to deal with. It may also have been Dr Chuck's mom who also is great to meet and a very nice lady.

I will be meeting up with Chuck in the next few days and will ask about the magnets- his failure to respond was prolly due to the nature of your question and how busy he was ATM- his family and other activities takes presedence over AixiZ (a goood thing IMO).

hak

I think she was a younger woman. But like you said, very nice.

I figured if he didn't get back to me, it wasn't such a big issue to begin with, and I proceeded as planned...

I'd appreciate your mention of it when you see him. If the magnets were intentional, say thanks for me. If not, then... well... thanks too. :yh: I found a use for them.

Will do- and will also confirm that I am pronouncing AixiZ correctly and the origin of the name AixiZ.

btw Chuck sez he is fine with others referring to diode modules as axis-axix
axes -azis- and the other msipelled versions- BUT he does get a bit unhappy when they steal his photos and word for word descriptions to sell the often seconds of the AixiZ blank module-

maybe that accounts for reports of modules being not consistant in dimension- they may very well be the ones that did not pass QC needed for AixiZ ---if you know what I mean. Since they prolly get them for less and they get them locally (from China)they can undercut the price that AixiZ needs for them.

And I know that U.S.A. buyers are happy with the 2x-3x or even 4X or more wait time for delivery .....NOT.

If you want an true AixiZ blank module you should get it from AixiZ...or any of the many dealers and great forum members that do get them from Chuck.

Last edited:
AixiZ 445 analog lab laser- active cooling -rock steady --last three days to get one from me @199.00 with free shipping(to CONUS)-rwad post #6 above-PM for details.
hak