Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reporting Fraudulent Companies

All;

Please make note that LPF is a community of members - and not just one individual. If your orders are not handled properly, despite the origin of the company you are ordering from, and there are multiple people which are having the same experiences from same-said company, I think it would be an excellent idea to start getting the FTC and other government agencies in your locality involved.

Fraud is a serious problem - and if a company is getting away with this, their site needs to be banned from having the ability to actively sell in your region. This can only be done going through the proper channels. No level of complaining on public forums will get this to happen. However, reaching out to other members which have had similar experiences and taking these complaints as a group, can make something happen.

For the US:
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1
StopFraud.gov - Report Fraud
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

For UK:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/reporting-fraud-about-a-company-to-companies-house

For all:
econsumer.gov - Your site for cross-border complaints.
Scamadviser.com | check a website for risk | check if dodgey | website trust reviews |check website is fake or a scam
How to Report Web Forgery or Spam/Scam Site to Google
https://www.ripoffreport.com/

--

Locally you can also report to charter organizations such as the BBB (Better Business Bureau) , Better Business Bureau: Start With Trust® and other local affiliations in your area.

The whole point is to push for these companies to either provide good products or services, or face consequential bans or damage and from being able to continue their fraudulent activities.

If I order a 1W blue laser, I better GET a 1W blue laser. There should be no alternative attitude about it.

Who are you ?

To say LPF is this and that,

We don't take much from company's to start with, and only those who offer the service and deliver are allowed...

i don't get your idea about what's allready happening on LPF.

Sounds more like a riot starter to me.

''Taking lasers complaints to .gov orgs is not goin to happen''
That's what this forums is for, to aware people.

Last edited:

Encap

Who are you ?

To say LPF is this and that,

We don't take much from company's to start with, and only those who offer the service and deliver are allowed...

i don't get your idea about what's allready happening on LPF.

Sounds more like a riot starter to me.

''Taking lasers complaints to .gov orgs is not goin to happen''
That's what this forums is for, to aware people.

100% Smeerworst, the entire idea is a non-starter for several reasons.

Whomever OASIS Founder is he obviously not familiar with LPF or the laser business.

Actually no, I am not a riot starter. My credentials do not matter in this instance.

LPF is a nice resource and a good place to share and compare - but when it comes to taking action, no matter how butthurt you are of getting scammed out of your hard earned #s or $s will only take you as far as reporting these actions to others who may or may not read your post regarding your experience.

The alternative is for action head on taking justice back at the companies who solicit their lies, then screw you in the end. This post is not in regards to companies who provide prompt and courteous service, and who take effort in making wrongs right. After you get screwed, who cares if the question comes up "why were you trying to buy this", and you don't have it - the authorities are going to be more interested in stopping the activities at it's source. You may not get your money back but you can make sure it doesn't happen any more.

One can stand with a sign and protest all they want, but it's those that operate with pen and paper that truly get the job done.

SteveT

Cutting through the rhetoric here I personally see no point, purpose or value to your posts. What is your motivation here?

This is a community built on expertise, trust and plenty of good-will; fraudsters and scammers soon get caught and are weeded out.

Maybe if you were to elaborate on your credentials and intention(s) then you'd get a better reception?