Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Repair

A few years back I purchased a beautiful 1.3w 405nm laser from SciFi Lasers (Eitan). Long story short, I let a friend borrow it for a lab and he put the batteries in backwards.

Needless to say, the laser no longer works - and it appears SciFi Lasers has since shut its doors. I'm assuming it's just the driver that's blown, but I can't be sure.

Honestly I'm not too certain of the details outside of it being a 1.3w 405nm in a custom (largish, metallic) host that takes two 18650 batteries (can provide pictures if requested). Would anyone be interested in taking a look and seeing what they can do with it? If so, please let me know your charge.

Thank you and regards,
-Lurkios

Last edited:

The driver is probably fried. Any experienced builder here can likely fix it for you.

Did he actually tell you that was 1.3W 405nm? No way is that accurate. It is likely between 700-100mW which is still a lot of 405nm;)

i can take a look at it.

Do you have an experience with repairs? Have you built anything of your own? Would you kindly show some of your work? Seems a bit suspicious that up until a day ago, all of the items in your signature were "dead".

Incidentally, since when are plasma cutters rated in milliwatts?

Did he actually tell you that was 1.3W 405nm? No way is that accurate. It is likely between 700-100mW which is still a lot of 405nm;)

He did, and included a printout from an lpm as well. I don't have any way to verify it myself, currently. (Especially not seeing as it's broken.)

This is assuming I'm not somehow remembering completely wrong. I've since deleted the mails.

Last edited:
Do you have an experience with repairs? Have you built anything of your own? Would you kindly show some of your work? Seems a bit suspicious that up until a day ago, all of the items in your signature were "dead".

Incidentally, since when are plasma cutters rated in milliwatts?

Yes.

i'll post a build thread.

Can't say enough... Pman from this forum went out of his way. Took my non-working scifi laser and sent me back 3.3 watt cannon!

Hooked me up on the repair on the cheap and did a GREAT job!

Thank you Thank you Thank you

-=Fred=-

Back