Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Remember to exercise those argons!

I figured since we've been flirting with triple digits here (that's neat 40 for the metric folks) that I may's well fire up my bigger (rectangular) argon and as usual it fired right up on the first pulse after sitting idle for probably close to year. Once again I'm amazed at just how amazing the main beam looks at full power. Honestly I don't think I'm going to even bother trying to trying to fire up my other one. It's always been finicky to fire and the last few times I've run it its max power was less than my other at idle.

Might be time to build that 488nm project I've been kicking around for awhile to replace it with. Need to find the host I bought from someone on here years ago but never used because it had a switch that didn't always work and fix that since it was a nice hefty aluminum one.

I figured since we've been flirting with triple digits here (that's neat 40 for the metric folks) that I may's well fire up my bigger (rectangular) argon and as usual it fired right up on the first pulse after sitting idle for probably close to year. Once again I'm amazed at just how amazing the main beam looks at full power. Honestly I don't think I'm going to even bother trying to trying to fire up my other one. It's always been finicky to fire and the last few times I've run it its max power was less than my other at idle.

Might be time to build that 488nm project I've been kicking around for awhile to replace it with. Need to find the host I bought from someone on here years ago but never used because it had a switch that didn't always work and fix that since it was a nice hefty aluminum one.

Yeah, I've got a rectangular argon too. I haven't fired mine up in about 2 years, but I expect it will still work just fine too.

I hadn't run my LASOS for two years...... Last night, I let the cathode heat for
about 8 minutes and she fired right up. Old hot cathode tubes need to heat up
before you slip 'em the juice !
HM