Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Refusing to sell.

AUSBEN

I work in a electronic store here in Australia.

We sell little 1mW Red lasers which seem to output little more then 1mw.

Every time kids come in by them self and want to purchase laser pointers i just refuse and say we don't have then in stock.

We had the lasers on a shelf that was displayed to the public. Recently we have had SO many lasers being stolen from the store we decided to lock them away.

Best decision ever.

Who else has been in this kind of thing? I know its only 1mw but i know what they are going to do with it.

Probably because the lasers are more than 1mW by a long way i could be wrong, but all of my eBay pen lasers bar 4 or 5 are up to 100 times more power than what the sticker says even the tiny key ring lasers are never less than 4 to 6 mW ..still borderline dangerous ..my usual nite time laser when i need a laser hit is a red 650nm laser eBay pen that puts out 120 mW reliable as nite follows day ..and i have 6 more around that power and 4 more at 160mw for a laser rated at 1mW ..i believe you and you business are doing the kids a favour by not selling them 120mW is death sentence to ones eyes in a flash a fraction of a second and kids being kids is far worse what they will do with them

Last edited:

Fiddy

I only sell complete lasers to friends with a current firearms licenses in Australia, after i tell them how much a pair of good laser glasses are.

Last edited:

sinner

Good on you Aussies that's very responisble of you guys! :beer:

I don't even think in Australia if my life depended on it i wouldn't know a store i could go down to to buy a laser eBay type, or any others for that matter of any laser ,i get mine on line and last 36 i bought all where at least 10 times over spec in US standards ie 50mw minimum and 4 of the reds where 160mw LPM ...used a lot still perfect ...and deadly to eyes in wrong hands

Last edited: