Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red / IR Combo Diode From Poineer BDR-205 12x Sled

Slip --

There's not much more there than here. So far, no curves. The only info is as posted above for 215 mW. I don't want to push the IR because I want the red.

HMike

JLSE

If one burns out, it's the luck of the draw. The other one may work but it depends on the failure mode and how much smoke was made. As more of these become available, maybe someone will test this (by accident!!).

HMike

I know with the 5.6mm IR's cant take much so I doubt these will either. Im going to run it at 360mA for a bit and see what happens. If it dies, it will be a slow death with less damage possibly?

Im thinking the red will be ok, as long as the IR isnt killed with a fast dose of current... possibly..

D

Deleted member 8382

I just had an idea. Maybe a very silly idea. If properly heatsinked, could you run both parts of the diode at the same time to create a half watt red+IR burner? That would rock!

The IR and red wouldn't focus quite the same. But it would have to be much much closer then even the violet and red people tried to do from the PS3 diodes. I wonder if it would be "close enough" Hmm. Would be fun to try, even if it burned up early.

Last edited:

JLSE

If you scroll to the top, the fourth picture down is of both beams running at the same time through the same lens. The distance from the laser was only about three feet. Even at that short distance, the dots were a few inches apart and wander from each other rapidly.

The only use as a burner for these would be a couple of inches from the lens.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

Well, even then, 500mW red+IR short distance burner and 500mW bluray burner in the same sled!