Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red 200 mW 660 nM

could you guys PLEASE PM me if there is a good group buy somewhere?  I seem to have missed out on all but the meter (thankfully!!!!)  I really wanted to get in on the diode deal  :'(

S

SenKat

Sure will, man....I only got the diodes from him - I didn't get in with enough time to get any kits...I'll see what I have left after my flashlight mod attempt - maybe I could send you one if there are any left ? I plan on harvesting some DVD-burners here soon - I have a few mom and pop pc shops keeping their eyes out for "dead" units...

Steve -
I use something like a postit with a black dot. Something this and light will smoke fastest. Watch the dot CAREFULLY - IE eye protection which will also let you view the dot. My reds work 3 to 15 feet but you gotta hold steady. Especially on matches.

Mike

Steve --
Also - A red from a DVD is about like the GB from CPF. Find a cheap 18x DVD drive and gut it out --carefully. There's an IR AND a Red in there. I got my last DVD on sale for $20.00 !!!

Use anti static when handeling the LDs. The red may not have a full case so be extra careful with that. Newer drives coming may have higher output. Stay tuned !!

Mike

I finally got the red to burn!!!  Focal length is at about 5 feet - yes, focus is important...

Attachments

• redlasermatches_0001.wmv
    300.4 KB · Views: 44