Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

recruiting middle man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi.

as most member already know i'm new to the forum.

i'm intending to build my first laser and i'm going with a 505nm laser diode from Singlemode laser. however Singlemode laser doesn't sell with paypal buyer protection as i'm new.

He suggested a middle man therefore any veteran or moderator who would like to take up this role would be greatly appreciated.

thank you very much.

https://laserpointerforums.com/f39/...s-various-batches-all-wl-measured-101758.html

Last edited:

First.... The Seller should protect himself by using
Tracking... Then he can prove to PayPal that the
Package did arrive and PayPal Protection is Voided.

Second... Any Seller that will not accept PayPal as
a payment method for the reason you stated...
I would not buy from....

Jerry

Last edited:
I once had a China seller give me a great deal on some high power LED flashlights, the package was sent, tracked and all was well until I found a small padded envelope in the mail with the little red rubber balloons in it. Yep, tracked all the way with proof of delivery, just no flashlight.

First.... The Seller should protect himself by using
Tracking... Then he can prove to PayPal that the
Package did arrive and PayPal Protection is Voided.

Second... Any Seller that will not accept PayPal as
a payment method for the reason you stated...
I would not buy from....

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

thank you for your advise to our new members. I am not a seller regarding the laws of the country I live in now, since I bought these few diodes with the purpose to select a specific wl for my personal use and sell now the one that does not matched my target. I agree with you, that you don't have to buy from me, and I don't have (and luckily don't need) to sell.

I offered 317718 to use tracking, but he can always claim that it was a 10kW blue laser diode. I on the other side have no protection at all from beeing scammed by him (no offense). As a member who just registered yesterday he has nothing to lose to be banned from this forum.

Myself on the other hand, has allready bought some lasers from reputable members of this forum, sold two of the five lasers I am offering, contribute to this forum with my knowledge and sell only the bare diodes that I bought, tested, spectroed all of them and shared this information to this forum.

This is why I offered an experinced middle man from this forum, and not a paypal call center employee, who has not the knowledge to tell a difference.
(Since lasers are not suported by paypal, there is no protection anyway for a buyer).

If the buyer is a member of this forum for just a day, and wrote threads that require some effort at least, I have no problem to sell with paypals protection if the buyers pays the fee.

Singlemode

Encap

PayPal is not conventional banking--just a business skimming off transactions that could be accomplished easily without it --with pluses and minuses to using it at all.

Simple solution---just use one of the real banking solutions/conventional banking methods of payment---wire transfer, bank cheque or money order mailed , and so on--100% of all transactions were accomplished without PayPal for how long before PayPal as are 99,999% of transactions today as well.
There is no reason that something can not be purchased without PayPal in the middle.

Just a thought.

Alternative---can always but a 505nm diode or diode module with or with out driver and lens fro DTR here--many other diode choices as well: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/sharp-505nm-35mw-green-laser-diodes

Many offer them now on eBay as well for $35

Last edited:
PayPal is not conventional banking--just a business skimming off transactions that could be accomplished easily without it --with pluses and minuses to using it at all.

Simple solution---just use one of the real banking solutions---wire transfer, bank cheque or money order mailed , and so on--100% of all transactions were accomplished without PayPal for how long before PayPal as are 99,999% of transactions today as well.
There is no reason that something can not be purchased without PayPal in the middle.

Just a thought.

I agree with you and am open to other solutions, but they all offer buyers protection only by the local law and not by paypals arbitrarily dicissions.

Even if you beeing scammed and payed with bitcoin, the police would try search the forum for my real name, contact the German police and they would have to report it to a court in Germany (a country that values human rights until now, compared to paypal that values only their AGBs and the pockets of the big shareholders)

Singlemode

I bought one of these diodes from Singlemode, I wouldn't worry about it, just have him insure it for loss.

Hi Jerry,

thank you for your advise to our new members. I am not a seller regarding the laws of the country I live in now, since I bought these few diodes with the purpose to select a specific wl for my personal use and sell now the one that does not matched my target. I agree with you, that you don't have to buy from me, and I don't have (and luckily don't need) to sell.

I offered 317718 to use tracking, but he can always claim that it was a 10kW blue laser diode. I on the other side have no protection at all from beeing scammed by him (no offense). As a member who just registered yesterday he has nothing to lose to be banned from this forum.

Myself on the other hand, has allready bought some lasers from reputable members of this forum, sold two of the five lasers I am offering, contribute to this forum with my knowledge and sell only the bare diodes that I bought, tested, spectroed all of them and shared this information to this forum.

This is why I offered an experinced middle man from this forum, and not a paypal call center employee, who has not the knowledge to tell a difference.
(Since lasers are not suported by paypal, there is no protection anyway for a buyer).

If the buyer is a member of this forum for just a day, and wrote threads that require some effort at least, I have no problem to sell with paypals protection if the buyers pays the fee.

Singlemode
You are also a new member as far as I'm concerned...
You only have 108 Posts and only have been here since
June 25 of this year.
Not saying of inferring that you are dishonest...:beer:

PayPal does not only have Buyer Protection but also
Seller Protection when making a transaction.
Why not sell the items on eBay ??
The listing fees are Free. Just add 10% to your price
for the Final Cost eBay Fee.

Send that eBay link to this seller and he can buy it
directly with both seller and buyer covered.

BTW... as a seller I ONLY ship Tracked and Insured
no matter what the Buyer asks for. That protects
me and the buyer.

The ultimate choice is between you guys.. There are
also other solutions suggested above.

Jerry

You are also a new member as far as I'm concerned...
You only have 108 Posts and only have been here since
June 25 of this year.
Not saying of inferring that you are dishonest...:beer:

PayPal does not only have Buyer Protection but also
Seller Protection when making a transaction.
Why not sell the items on eBay ??
The listing fees are Free. Just add 10% to your price
for the Final Cost eBay Fee.

Send that eBay link to this seller and he can buy it
directly with both seller and buyer covered.

BTW... as a seller I ONLY ship Tracked and Insured
no matter what the Buyer asks for. That protects
me and the buyer.

The ultimate choice is between you guys.. There are
also other solutions suggested above.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

thanks for you suggestions. eBay is indeed a good solution but I prefer to keep the information of the wl. measured diodes here in the forum.

We already agreed to the solution proposed in the first place, but from now on I will also offer the eBay option (if the buyer pays the fees + tracking).

Singlemode

Didn't see this until now. I know and have sent diodes to and from Singlemode Laser. He is a great person with a lot of knowledge in laser diodes.....he tunes them to atomic transitions for work a the University of Berlin. I consider him a very safe person to buy from. My 2 cents.

Thanks paul for sharing your personal opinion. I really
appreciate it very much.

This sell was my first of this kind (a member who just registered) and I thought it would be safer for both of us to make the sell public and look for a middle man. I spend much more time on this sell than is reasonable. Never thought it would create such a discussion.

The next time I will handle this more professionally and use the suggestions from this thread. Since the diode is sold to 317718 now, the thread can be closed and further discussions can be moved to the sell thread.

Singlemode

diachi

Thanks paul for sharing your personal opinion. I really
appreciate it very much.

This sell was my first of this kind (a member who just registered) and I thought it would be safer for both of us to make the sell public and look for a middle man. I spend much more time on this sell than is reasonable. Never thought it would create such a discussion.

The next time I will handle this more professionally and use the suggestions from this thread. Since the diode is sold to 317718 now, the thread can be closed and further discussions can be moved to the sell thread.

Singlemode

Just make sure you cover yourself when you're selling stuff in this sort of situation. Tracking, pictures of the item being boxed, pictures of the box and pictures of the box with proof of tracking shown at the post office. Keep any receipts too.

Generally speaking most transactions are hassle free. :beer:

I can fully understand your reservations Singlemode, I wouldn't feel comfortable selling to a completely new member either, but I also understand his position too, but shouldn't be an issue for him to trust you, since you have sold to more than one member here already, we can vouch for your honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.