Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Recommendations: Mini/Pico Projectors

I am thinking of getting a mini/Pico projector in the near future and I was wondering if anyone else owns one. Does anyone know what specifications I should looks for when buying? Does anyone have a specific projector you reccomend? I'm looking for about a 60inch projection with good brightness and good quality. These seem really interesting and I have a small project Id like to use one for.

Any help you can give me is appreciated:)

I am thinking of getting a mini/Pico projector in the near future and I was wondering if anyone else owns one. Does anyone know what specifications I should looks for when buying? Does anyone have a specific projector you reccomend? I'm looking for about a 60inch projection with good brightness and good quality. These seem really interesting and I have a small project Id like to use one for.

Any help you can give me is appreciated:)

I owned one while I was in Seoul and used it for making interactive kiosks using a webcam and NUI. I got a limited production run back in 2009.
Max resolution was 800x600. big drawback was that the LED was far too dim to see much in even a partially lit room ...only 15-20ANSI lumens. I'm sure that now pico projectors have come leaps and bounds now since, now that LEDs are far more powerful than back then. If you're looking for quality the Sony MP-CL1 is probably the smallest projector for its quality on the market. Price is about $400USD.

I owned one while I was in Seoul and used it for making interactive kiosks using a webcam and NUI. I got a limited production run back in 2009.
Max resolution was 800x600. big drawback was that the LED was far too dim to see much in even a partially lit room ...only 15-20ANSI lumens. I'm sure that now pico projectors have come leaps and bounds now since, now that LEDs are far more powerful than back then. If you're looking for quality the Sony MP-CL1 is probably the smallest projector for its quality on the market. Price is about $400USD.

Yeah that' what I've been worried about. I see so many saying 25 lumens and such and I feel like that wouldn't be very bright at all.

I'm trying to fine one within the $2-300 range. I will definitely take a look at your suggestion though:)

Yeah that' what I've been worried about. I see so many saying 25 lumens and such and I feel like that wouldn't be very bright at all.

I'm trying to fine one within the $2-300 range. I will definitely take a look at your suggestion though:)

There are a few projectors now that use subminiature Laser diodes, while they are still not blazing lay bright, they're much nicer to view in a dimly lit room than the ones using high output LEDs.

Other pico projectors to have a look at are the Sony MP-CLA1, UO smart beam...

Reactions: GSS