Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rechargable CR2s or equivalent?

The only ones that I can find are the 600 mah Ultrafire batteries. Is there a metric designation for which I could search? They're also unprotected, which does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling when putting them into expensive, rare, and in one case a decade old, lasers.

Any advice would be appreciated! Tia!

Last edited:

The universal size for CR2s is 15270, those will come as rechargeable li-ions. There are probably a few on eBay or any of the better brand US battery stores.

Does anyone have any experience with the Ultrafires? THey're the only halfway legitimate looking option I've found and I'm not sure if they're worth it.

Does anyone have any experience with the Ultrafires? THey're the only halfway legitimate looking option I've found and I'm not sure if they're worth it.

There are horror stories about them but after more than a year of using them, I've had no problem with them. What I have had trouble with though is the cheap chargers they come with, I've had those overcharge my batteries and also incorrectly marked polarity.

I've got a Nitecore i2. Even with that charger, all of my batteries up to this point are protected. Do you guys think that that charger would be safe to use with unprotected batteries?

Yes the i2 is fine to use with unprotected batteries. It is a decent bare bones charger. I use an i4 for all my vape batteries.

Probably gonna have to get another now that lasers have caught my interest again though. -_-

Last edited:

joeyss

Yes the i2 is fine to use with unprotected batteries. It is a decent bare bones charger. I use an i4 for all my vape batteries.

Probably gonna have to get another now that lasers have caught my interest again though. -_-

Can confirm I have a i2 that works for both Nicads and NIMHs along with Lithium

it can charge all sizes at 500ma even a AAAA

Benm

Can confirm I have a i2 that works for both Nicads and NIMHs along with Lithium

it can charge all sizes at 500ma even a AAAA

Where do you get AAAA cells? I've seen a fair share of cylindrical lithium cells, but never actually this form factor.

Charging them with 500 mA may not be wise though, i'd say that is already a bit much for the 16340 sized cells unless they actually are good capacity (little chance of that on a random ebay purchase).