Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Really, Really big Dye Laser

I am thoroughly impressed ! What a beautiful and incredibly tight & shaped yellow beam !!! Truly !

That kind of laser is really not my cup of tea

soaOExL.gif

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
^^^ Funny! :D I love watching Mr Bean.

Alaskan, maybe you should stick with your DPSS's for now before moving/taking on dyes. ;)

Planters, excellent stuff. +rep and a YT like from me. :beer:

Last edited:

Encap

I just posted a new video on my YouTube channel. This is the culmination of a couple of years of work on a very high energy, 580nm pulsed dye laser. It will be followed, in short order, by several more videos that go deeper into its operation and additional demonstrations of its performance. I hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNby-VcR5FI

Persistence pays off--nice work.

Excellent video, great job.

+rep

Alaskan, maybe you should stick with your DPSS's for now before moving/taking on dyes. ;)

Planters, excellent stuff. +rep and a YT like from me. :beer:

You are right, I already have too many things waiting to be built before I move on to a dye laser, I just like yellow and lots of it :)

Reminds me of a very old Bill Cosby routine where he is a sports figure doing a commercial for hair cream. At the end he says, "now let's compare combs. See, yours is green and mine is orange."

Just watched your video planters, really interesting stuff!

Sometimes I forget that modern optics are so heavily intertwined with electronics. :whistle:

And that's some octocopter!

Last edited:

Encap

The next video in this series is now up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBe0zyv4PvI

Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for that.

Is one amazingly high level and very detailed hobby you have going on there and very well done effort. Awesome Aerovox Aerostor capacitors .

The High Energy Laser Power Supply video is great--very clear explainations, very professionally done + fast enough pace that it is never boring.

Looking forward to the next one.

The new video was excellent! It reminded me of circuits class in EE school with the exception that I wasn't required to regurgitate a lot of equations for the induction and capacitance of these systems. I am very much looking forward to the next one. BTW, it was I who jokingly referred the manufacturer in the last video. It wasn't meant as a knock for plugging the company at all. Thanks, planters. I would rep you again, but it won't let me right now.