Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

real output of dx 200mw

Sunex is out of IR filters like I ordered but I found a filter used on industrisl equipment at home. No visable light comes through.

Using my LPM-1 set to 808 nM and this filter, Surprise !!

The DL95 at 122 mW total output has only 0.385 mW of IR. The DX200 at 180 mW total output reads 14.2 mW IR - That's almost 8% IR

That's the best I can do for now - I have a filter coming from Edmund's.

Mike

Aseras

I got over 115mw of pure green and < 3 mw of ir leakage (with alkalines ). good deal if you don't get one with fingerprint on the inside like i did. i still haven't got it clean. but it's getting close.

Aseras

Timelord said:
I kill flies and wasps too with my Aries ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

my rpl is an excellent lovebug and wasp killer

i had the entire outside of my builing and my driveway at home paved with dead lovebugs.. the only thing that stopped me was a dying battery and the thermal cutoff on the rpl after 1/2 an hour.

i hoped it would be a good mosquitop killer, but they fly off before they fry... the bigger, blacker bugs absorb it better.

BobW55

I know many of you have stated that the DX200 can burn things. I would like to know how far away can it light a Black match, and how long till it ignites? Same for balloons and such.

Aseras

I use black foam to test burning distances. if it smokes it'll burn/pop things.

the DX is good for about 10 feet unaided on alkalines. add another 5 feet or so with some fresh lithiums. I'm using nimh's in it now since I'm certain the diode is being overdriven. 2.4v should save the diode a lot of life. The lithiums cook it at 3.6v for a bit when they are fresh, but boy do they make an improvement, it's a 60mw boost.. from 120in nimh's to 180+ on lithiums.

Daedal

I hate to be jumping off topic, but no one seems to have tested the 100 and 150mW versions from DX. Anyone have any idea on their output?

S

SenKat

I know that Psuedo tested the 100mw version a while back - I cannot recall what his results were, though - pretty bad, if memory serves me correctly.

They aren't horrible - much better than Spymode's but the 100mWs I got weren't well filtered or good at keeping up their output. Still the averages were >60mW as I recall, and for the price than isn't too bad of a deal. The only other thing that bothers me is what seems to be pretty sub-par quality on the whole NewWish series, but if you're willing to sacrifice quality for a lower price, the 100mWs were a decent deal.

Daedal

I was just wondering so I can get an idea to campare them with each other. I would never spare the $20 to go down to half power. If I'm buying one (hopefully soon) I'm getting the 200mW.

Will keep you guys updated;
DDL

You won't be dissapointed with the DX 200mw for the price! At one foot away it burns ME! .. well more like a pinprick of pain, but don't let it burn you for long, it'll cook a spot on ya! I can't really get the thing to burn through electrical tape easily however, with just NiMHs.