Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: Site updated again.....

M

MirrorLaser

k thanks, ill see what I can do about the videos

Milos

Reventón said:
[quote author=Milos link=1191707839/0#7 date=1191769728]Your sales item description:
"The box is 9.3cm x 6.5cm. "

I think you need to change this to inches. Or measure again.

You got lots of work to do, but I'm sure you will get there :)

I dont know about inches........ so im good with cm....... [/quote]

.. think you guys are missing the point.

Lets try again.
I said " I think you need to change this to inches" because 9.3cm x 6.5cm is way too small and no pen sized laser would fit in those dimensions. CNI pointers are 15cm long already. If you meant 9.3" x 6.5" than the box would make sense size vise.

..or maybe I'm missing a point.. :-?

M

MirrorLaser

Milos said:
[quote author=Reventón link=1191707839/0#8 date=1191773018][quote author=Milos link=1191707839/0#7 date=1191769728]Your sales item description:
"The box is 9.3cm x 6.5cm. "

I think you need to change this to inches. Or measure again.

You got lots of work to do, but I'm sure you will get there  :)

I dont know about inches........ so im good with cm....... [/quote]

.. think you guys are missing the point.

Lets try again.
I said " I think you need to change this to inches" because 9.3cm x 6.5cm is way too small and no pen sized laser would fit in those dimensions. CNI pointers are 15cm long already. If you meant 9.3" x 6.5" than the box would make sense size vise.

..or maybe I'm missing a point.. :-?

[/quote]

Your right, I was using the wrong ruler...... it is 22cm x 16cm....... lol sorry about that

no it is not fixed

under mozilla this time around it sat there "loading" (in the status bar), I went to sleep, I awoke, it was still "loading". I COULD NOT TAB back to the lpf page, it was stuck/frozen (yesterdays errors produced a dialog stating an illegal operation or something)

BUT! thankfully mozilla instantly closed when I closed it.... BUT! I could not start mozilla from my programs menu.

SO! again... I rebooted, opened up mozilla went here to your thread and saved the html file to my hardrive and opened in notepad to sit back and take a ponder at what your page is doing to us.

"iWeb 2.0.2" what is this?? an editor for ipods?

the code in your basic laser page is FULL of scripts, widgets, bells and whistles!! and external .CSS style enhancers where there is no 'EASY' way to tell what is going on outside of the page though embedded into your page.

So... I opened up IE and loaded your basic laser stuff page into it.

I got several repetitive registry change denials from Spybot Seek and Destroy!

This may be because of my re-association of QT's .MOV format simply because QT is crap!
It will take control of your computer and reassociate everything to itself with no USER INPUT.

Also your page is loading in around 6 videos before we can regain control of it and decide whether or not if we even want to see them, not a simple preview image.. no no no, its loading them ALL (during the spybot protection sequences)

a simple embedd will just give us an image to see in advance and then WE can decide whether to load the file in to watch it or not.

Also some of the videos or pictures were covering the text making it impossible to read, I suspect this is because of the pages use of DIV's rather than simple standard tables or cells.

In summary I may suggest finding another editor, people say frontpage is lame but hey! it works and is easy for anyone to use. :) , of course this is if you are even running windows.

two of the images look like you are reflecting off of melting plastic like in my video mentioned here:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1191639742

I would surely like to see a video of that going on :) , your version of this effect :)

good luck, get lazed :)

LaserCo

i believe he's running a mac. you know what? i recommend you don't use any "easy" web page generator, frontpage or whatever, they almost all create a bunch of crap in terms of the actual html code - it's messy and nasty. learn html (or better, xhtml), it isn't that hard to do, and get bluefish - http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/ - it's a great, free html editor. it's just a text editor, but it helps you type out all your code. it'll "quick start" you with a basic <html> <head> <meta tags> <body> etc, all customised depending on what you need, it'll have buttons for things like header tags, bold tags, all of that, if you type say a <p> it'll put a </p> for you straight after the cursor so you can just type in your text, etc etc etc. really, html is *easy*, so is creating your own css stylesheets. you don't need flashy crap like 3 million java apps, javascript apps, flash objects, etc, they tend to just make your page cluttered and far less clear. only reason laser chat has java is for the chat, and javascript for the name entry thing. i hope none of this sounds harsh, it's really not meant to be, i'm just trying to pass on advice from my own years of web designing :)

M

MirrorLaser

Ill make files .WMV and see if that fixes it, there are only 4 videos on the page.........
and I know basic HTML coding only...... and what I use is some kind of a DreamWeaver for mac, its called iWeb