Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

(RC car) Looking for best battery and charger

I was lucky to get most of my cars for next to nothing. I was friends with a rich Jewish kid in the neighborhood. When he got board with a cars he'd sell them to me for ~$50, with the electronics. This used to piss his mom off so bad, but she always bought him a new car every time. I also did a lot of trading with the local hobby shop, so I always had a bunch of stuff to play with. Then I got board and sold them all off. Today they have race clubs so it at least keeps you in the hobby.

vk2fro

All these cars are missing a few bits...

A fuel tank

An engine

A tuned pipe

They do have one advantage though - you can run electric almost anywhere. Petrol cars you have to accomodate people in the surrounding area, but on a saturday with weed whackers, lawn mowers etc going it shouldnt be a problem (unless your model has an unusually loud "ringy" tuned exhaust)

from a 26 cc car you can get around 30 minutes runtime on a single tank of gas. How long do you get on LiPo's. I get 10 minutes flying time out of my chopper on 22.2v 3000mah lipo's.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 22482

What are some famous R/C forums? I'm looking to dive in to r/c helicopters + planes and I don't really know where to start.

DJNY

In the end I ordered this one

Thank you for your feedback. Have to spread some love around.

Now I´m looking for a very simple LED with an ON/OFF switch powered by coin cells to put on the top off the car when it´s getting dark. Any suggestions would help :beer:

LaZeRz

All these cars are missing a few bits...

A fuel tank

An engine

A tuned pipe

They do have one advantage though - you can run electric almost anywhere. Petrol cars you have to accomodate people in the surrounding area, but on a saturday with weed whackers, lawn mowers etc going it shouldnt be a problem (unless your model has an unusually loud "ringy" tuned exhaust)

from a 26 cc car you can get around 30 minutes runtime on a single tank of gas. How long do you get on LiPo's. I get 10 minutes flying time out of my chopper on 22.2v 3000mah lipo's.

Where exactly can you purchase petrol RC cars from in aus? I don't really want to spend half a grand but I want something good :D

They used to sell them at places like super cheap auto but I don't know what happened.

Now I´m looking for a very simple LED with an ON/OFF switch powered by coin cells to put on the top off the car when it´s getting dark. Any suggestions would help :beer:

This made me laugh, thank you. :crackup:

LED?!?!?! Put a freakin lazor on there.

6327_G_1285067047443.jpg