Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RC BluRay 8X Labby So Sick!!!

I wanted to do something that no one on LPF's has done before!
Besides lasers, Another hobby of mine is Rc Helicopters and Airplanes
so I was thinking of a way to combine the 2 and I came up with, The Rc BluRay 8X Laser.
I used a Infared emitter an receiver to control the labby remotely, It works from 100+ feet away. The flex drive is powered by a rechargeable 3.7volt Lithium Polymer battery and is set @ 310mA I am also using a glass lense on this build. Let me know what you guys think? I will post a video on youtube real soon. Feel free to ask any questions!

Attachments

• backshot.jpg
    backshot.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 179
  • beamonremote.jpg
    beamonremote.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 173
  • fullshot.jpg
    fullshot.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 161
  • remoteoff.jpg
    remoteoff.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 143
  • remoteon.jpg
    remoteon.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 154
  • lightbeam.jpg
    lightbeam.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 145

Awesome! For some reason I was expecting a laser built into a rc car driving around burning things. Perhaps a future product. Have you thought about putting a laser on a rc helicopter and flying it around? Maybe a 5mW green.

Awesome! For some reason I was expecting a laser built into a rc car driving around burning things. Perhaps a future product. Have you thought about putting a laser on a rc helicopter and flying it around? Maybe a 5mW green.

Yes, I did that already I put a phr set@120mA on my Blade CX2 rc helicopter and mounted it to a servo and connected it to the 5th channel and was able to move it left, right, up, and down, but I sold it and made a great profit off of it.;)

Yes, I did that already I put a phr set@120mA on my Blade CX2 rc helicopter and mounted it to a servo and connected it to the 5th channel and was able to move it left, right, up, and down, but I sold it and made a great profit off of it.;)

NICE man i did the EXACT same with my WL core and MY blade CX2!! :p odd ehh?

That is so awesome! Man I would have loved to have seen that.

lazer

Im into helis and airplanes too. I put a phr on my 4#3b heli. I also have a hexpod robot with a phr mounted on its head. The head can pan, tilt and rotate in any direction. Its stable enough to burn stuff. I am working on a 6x that is controlled using bluetooth from a laptop.

Last edited:
hey diesel, do you have access to any UAVs, or friends who do? Try putting one of these on one of those... LOL have fun playing with people on the ground!

hey diesel, do you have access to any UAVs, or friends who do? Try putting one of these on one of those... LOL have fun playing with people on the ground!

He's a marine right? I'm sure he has two, probably one in his garage, and one in flight as we speak looking for Elvis...

jaycey

Nice idea and good looking build, but what are you controlling remotely? On/Off?