Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss

I ordered a couple lasers from Rayfoss because they seemed to be high on the list around here. But I'm seeing some threads now that have me a little concerned. I don't have power meter so I wont be able to test the output. And that's not terribly important. But some people have said the greens don't have a IR filters. That does bother me. Do the goggles they sell protect against IR? Can I take the one I ordered apart and install one?

Yes The goggles will Protect your eyes. but dont cheap out on them get a good pair here these will glasses will work for your Rayfoss green laser and the arctic laser LASER2GO

If they're goggles for green lasers, they won't block IR, but IR doesn't collimate well and spreads fast, so as long as you're not looking at the aperture up close with it on you should be safe.

but at 150mW you will want to be safe and wear goggles for your rayfoss laser. And I dont think there is anytime you will be safe using the 1W arctic with out Proper safety glasses

Ok thanks. I'll have to rely on the cheapy goggles for now. But I will by some good ones later. Plus I'm not going to be using these indoors. Or pointing at anything closer then twenty feet probably.
As for the Arctic, I'm one of the people wanting to get in on the group buy for 445nm glasses.

The goggles I got from the group buy are rated for 445 and 532 after all. :D

The goggles I got from the group buy are rated for 445 and 532 after all. :D

It will certainly not protect you from the ir if your goggles are made for mere 445nm and 532nm.

Get a pair made for 800-1200nm if possible. :)

You can also add the ir filter if you manage to take them apart and add one. I failed to do that and sadly taking it apart also voided the warranty.:cryyy: