Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss Up-to-Spec??

yeah the 50mw green that I received from this site isn't much of a burner. I mean when focused correctly, it will do slight burning on black plastic surfaces and it will burn electrical tape. I haven't been able to try the match or balloon test yet, but from what I have understood the green lasers aren't really burners. From what I've learned however for about the same price of the 50mw green, you can get a 200-250mw red that is sure to burn with a lot more ease than the green.

Re: Rayfoss Up-toSpec??

You can laze a dot on a cloud?? I'm gonna try that when I get my laser :D

I've lased low clouds a few times with my Opto 150mW.
Good divergence is a must and the clouds must be low.

I bought a 600mW laser from them that metered 67mW with IR (89 max)....
Not sure if they're better now, but I wouldnt order from then ever again.

The visual difference between 67mW-89mW and ~600mW would have been immediately apparent.
That purchase had to be upwards of $600.
They would have replaced your laser if it was >500mW underspec.
Is there more to this story?

does this look like 5.0(OD+5,OD+6) to you! my goggles from rayfoss with a 800mw 445nm and a web cam notice how much just goes right on though. No biggie they are ok for adjusting the dot but not safe at all.

Attachments

• goggle fail.jpg
    goggle fail.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 83
does this look like 5.0(OD+5,OD+6) to you! my goggles from rayfoss with a 800mw 445nm and a web cam notice how much just goes right on though. No biggie they are ok for adjusting the dot but not safe at all.

So they're not even safe for accidental glances of the beam??
What are they for then, making the world look red?

Now I'm beginning to think they're not even worth $12...

Woot!!
My tracking number just started working lol.
I should get my laser in 15 days now.

I want to post a review when I get it; does anyone have tips on making a good review?

ixfd64

I've seen a few posts indicating that Rayfoss' overall quality has dropped. However, I also agree that buying a low-powered laser would be a safer bet.

Just take a look at the reviews section and try to do what the "good" reviews do.

Also, make sure you take some time taking the pictures. Blurry pictures don't really make a good review.

Last edited:
My laser arrived in the mail a couple of days ago
but I got lazy and did an unboxing instead of a review :p

EDIT: The goggles really aren't too bad.

Last edited:
Nice unboxing and review.

Had you read a few posts here or asked Faona at Rayfoss before installing the battery, you would have known that these lasers are case positive (battery "+" towards the tail cap). Luckily, this laser has a protective mechanism, otherwise you would have killed it.

Update*

This laser pointer that I own has just died :( I've only had it for nearly a month now with only average use of 2 to 3 times a week and being easy on the duty cycle.

I emailed rayfoss about the problem because it should be covered in the warranty still. I recently sent an email but I still haven't received word back but when I do I'll update again on how they handle it

Nice unboxing and review.

Had you read a few posts here or asked Faona at Rayfoss before installing the battery, you would have known that these lasers are case positive (battery "+" towards the tail cap). Luckily, this laser has a protective mechanism, otherwise you would have killed it.

Yea... I should have done that.:p
I was like "Aww man... did I just fry my laser before even turning it on after two weeks of waiting?!"

i bought a red 650mn 200mw laser from rayfoss about 10 months ago. a few months later, when i got my laserbee it only metered 150mw. so it was underspec. but it is a good solid build with a focusing head (way better than an aixiz lens). i give it a thumbs up overall. shipped pretty quick as i recall.