Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss shipping?

AndyR

I ordered and payed for a 50 mW laser 5 days ago on the 9th, and they responded back saying that they will ship it out to me in 24 hours and send me a tracking number.

They have yet to give me any response... is this normal for them to take this long to ship it out? Is there any chance they have already sent it and simply forgot to respond? Should I email Rayfoss asking about it... or should I be more patient?

:thanks:

Asherz

Hopefully they would have sent your laser out, but China is currently in their New year, and they don't work for a while so they won't be responding too any emails.

With some luck they posted it before the holiday, if not I THINK it's the 21st of Feb it finishes.

D

Deleted member 8382

you, china holydays are a pain in the ass, expect it the next month, really.

It takes me almost a month to get anything from China, and that's without a Chinese holiday falling into the equation.

Hello ---

We received your returned laser on 8-Feb it's under engineer inspection process now.We will exchange the inside laser module and ship back to you on or before 23-Feb.Since CNY holiday started from 10-Feb and will be end at 22-Feb.Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Once shipment done I would inform you the psot details.

Please keep in touch for any further questoins ....Thank you!

That the message i got from Faona

I had to wait one week to have my laser shipped by them. They must be kind of busy because of the chinese new year.. Fortunately mine has shipped this week

Now imagine how I am feeling..... I finally got up the courage to order a 500mW green :drool: right at the start of CNY :(

Still, at the price I paid I can't complain :D

JIMS19

Whats the deal with the food and drug adm. law that states no laser greater than 5 mw can be shipped to anyone in the U.S. who resides there or is a citizen of the U.S.? i believe I read this in a optotronics ad sheet for all types of lasers. Whats this all about? Your interjection on this matter would be greatly appreciated since I am seriously considering buying a 150mw green laser pointer. At this point I am confused .I wanted to purchase from them. Could someone please tell me whats going on and if this is BS where can I buy the best one for the best price. I just saw a video of a guy with one and its exactly what I need. Thanks much!

All of which is true - The manufacturer/supplier is covering their back by warning buyers that their product can be confiscated by customs and they are not held accountable for the loss. Quite simply, the law is the law.

However certain suppliers will try and circumvent customs by describing their goods as something other than "laser pointer" Some will send the laser in 2 seperate packages (Main laser body in one and tailcap in another) so customs are unable to test ones they do catch.

You take your chances with almost anything you import from another country, it is just the chances are greater when you are importing illegal goods :)

JIMS19

Thanks slammer99uk, anyone else have any thoughts ? It seems like most of you folks are satisfied wit your purchases. anyone have an idea on who is the least problematic and reputable. Ive heard o-like is good, but the wait time and from a communist country especially the new year? Dont know what to do. I fought for this great country and I cant even buy a stupid laser Iwant-sorry for whining.

AndyR

In my opinion, I would go ahead and order your laser from Rayfoss if you don't mind waiting a couple weeks. They are a trusted company and will mark your laser as something less suspicious like "flashlight" to avoid customs. IF you are really afraid of it being caught you can just ask them to send the laser in two parts, or like I did, ask them to send the laser in one box and the battery / charger in the other.

Oh, and dont ever use EMS Express. Its the worst shit I've ever used. It took longer than airmail =_=/

hello i just ordered this laser: http://rayfoss.com/productn.asp?ArticleID=34 from rayfoss and i payed for DHL shipping. i am buying the battery on my own so the package only includes the laser and charger, but no battery. i am just wondering if it should make it through customs fine since i selected a faster shipping which some have said is more likely to be taken by customs. by the way it is shipping to the U.S.

AndyR

My laser arrived safely to the U.S. about 18 days after I ordered it, I think it should be fine. Rayfoss labels it as a $10 'electronics accessory for gift'.

My laser arrived safely to the U.S. about 18 days after I ordered it, I think it should be fine. Rayfoss labels it as a $10 'electronics accessory for gift'.

ok thanks for the quick reply. did you use the regular shipping (hong kong post) or one of the faster shipping methods like DHL?

Oh yea, I have a question about this too sorta... I ordered my supposed 50mw off amazon and it said so right on the pacing label lol.
I guess the U.S allows the shipment of +5 mW lasers domestically?:thinking: